A Few Questions

K4D0

Still Fresh
Hello everyone, I recently setup a programming environment for the Wiz via the official SDK in codeblocks and I'm ready to start developing, but I have a few questions.

How do I use the wiz's 3D accelerator?

How capable is the 3D accelerator?

I want to create a custom menu, how can I completely overwrite the bad one made by gph wih my own?

K4D0 said:
How do I use the wiz's 3D accelerator?

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,46,188 is a good point to start.

How capable is the 3D accelerator?

GPH provides an opengl es 1.1 lite driver for the wiz. it's not the fastest one, but it works. i by myself use it for audiorace and got some quite good performance out of it.

I want to create a custom menu, how can I completely overwrite the bad one made by gph wih my own?

win2x comes with an installer script which might be of some help. it has the possibility to replace the default interface.

the interface binary is located on the nand within the /usr/gp2x/ directory called gp2xmenu. be warned, you can't do very much but reflashing firmware if you f* up something!

*edit*
to mention, i'm currently porting clutter toolkit. i've never heard of it until scachi from the forums asked if someone could try. i'm trying at the moment, maybe when it's finished it could be of use if you want to replace the default menu as it is made for interfaces ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Much thanks for the quick reply and useful information.
Is clutter like wxWidgets or something?

hm i've not used clutter yet, so i cant say very much about it. but i don't think it is comparable to wxWidgets. the wiki page explains it quite well ;)

Back