A Fun Little Device

siloucos said:
OK then, Why are you regretting? Just curious to know.

Because people are getting the idea that I do mind and am holding it against Dingoo, when I sincerely don't. My remark was purely academic, doesn't reflect my personal feelings on the matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
ALSO it's possible that this isn't even a Dingoo and is something they got from someone else who got it from Gemei. Where is your evidence that Dingoo has any involvement here?
To play devil´s advocat, the unpawed Dingoos have a paw on the cpu:
http://boards.dingoo...w-unpawed-unit/
And the dreaded HK ones, that can´t play native homebrew, have a paw on the back. And only a 1000mah battery. And they´ll brick permanently when someone tries to flash them.

Also, i want to thank you for gpsp (unlike Dingoo Digital/Gemei/whoever).
The Dingoo port has some bugs in some demos, is that in all ports of gpsp? :lol: But most are running great!

If we're talking different hardware then Dingoo themselves have nothing to do with it.

Gemei changes board layout constantly, A320 has had various revisions long before this. Like multiple display controllers. I don't know why they keep changing their parts around, but I'm sure pricing has something to do with it. It could also have to do with availability - they might be getting cheap parts because it's the last of someone's stock. To them spinning a new board must be much much cheaper than it is for the west.

euleberlin said:
And they´ll brick permanently when someone tries to flash them.

They don't brick if you flash them manually by the copying the update file to the device method. I know because I've flashed mine twice. Once to POFs modified 1.2 firmware in the hope of getting my scene native stuff working. No joy, so I flashed back to the standard 1.2

ToaD

Oh ok, thought it would happen then too. But better don´t make a mistake while flashing (eg forgettin the system folder of custom firmwares), so you´d have to use the unbricker. :)

Kalisiin said:
What is this HK serial number Dingoo, anyway?

Mine are WH and BK serial numbers. I just assumed that stood for White and Black.

Too bad about these HK serial number things...I wonder if they weren't purposefully crippled, as part of the "un-pawing" process at the request of certain re-sellers...so that they could then put their own stuff on (the re-sellers, I mean) and then charge a lot more for a Dingoo that isn't called a Dingoo, anymore...and charge far more for it.

I have very little faith in corporations, I think they are all in cahoots together (and with our various governments) to screw over consumers and employees alike. All they care about is making a fast buck, whatever it takes...and if people get screwed in the process...big corporation doesn't give a shit.

Too bad, I remember a time when this was not always the case.

This is especially true in the US. The US gov has screwed up our economy and regulated our jobs to Asia and now they are trying to devalue the dollar to screw over our creditors and in the process kill our wages and savings. The big corporations all benefit from this and they are the ones that get the politicians elected and so who do you think the politicians care about, you or the people who help them get their power? Hopefully the libertarian movement that is growing in the US will help reverse this.

Chris

christo930 said:
Kalisiin said:
What is this HK serial number Dingoo, anyway?

Mine are WH and BK serial numbers. I just assumed that stood for White and Black.

Too bad about these HK serial number things...I wonder if they weren't purposefully crippled, as part of the "un-pawing" process at the request of certain re-sellers...so that they could then put their own stuff on (the re-sellers, I mean) and then charge a lot more for a Dingoo that isn't called a Dingoo, anymore...and charge far more for it.

I have very little faith in corporations, I think they are all in cahoots together (and with our various governments) to screw over consumers and employees alike. All they care about is making a fast buck, whatever it takes...and if people get screwed in the process...big corporation doesn't give a shit.

Too bad, I remember a time when this was not always the case.

This is especially true in the US. The US gov has screwed up our economy and regulated our jobs to Asia and now they are trying to devalue the dollar to screw over our creditors and in the process kill our wages and savings. The big corporations all benefit from this and they are the ones that get the politicians elected and so who do you think the politicians care about, you or the people who help them get their power? Hopefully the libertarian movement that is growing in the US will help reverse this.

Chris

I'm gonna reply to this in PM so that I don't get ACCUSED of going "off-topic" by the Topic Cops.

Kalisiin said:
I'm gonna reply to this in PM so that I don't get ACCUSED of going "off-topic" by the Topic Cops.

You could have used this "off-post" to answer anyway
default.jpg

siloucos said:
Kalisiin said:

You could have used this "off-post" to answer anyway
default.jpg

I know.
But I'm sick and tired of the "on-topic Gestapo" around here.
sometimes, especially after the initial question is answered...topics DO spin off in other directions, yet there is a heavy-handed censorship brigade here that seems determined to force everyone else to either be in line with the OP only...or they delete whole posts, censor and ban you...this is not free speech, and it's pissing me off.

Back