A List Of Actual Planned Projects

Classic Team said:
Here is A list of all Suggested games and Programs from the Pandora so far.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND: THERE IS NO GARENTEE ANY OF THESE GAMES/PROGRAMS WILL ACTUALY COME TO THE PANDORA.

argor:
calulator
text editor
Images Viewer
Mario HDR

PokeParadox:
CromoZome

atomicthumbs:
CUBE

Magnulus:
Li'l Trooper
Bork

Mia:
Nintendo DS
Playstation Portable

Congo Zombie:
Music application
VJ apps
vj app

Sphinxter:
Super Fishball
IOTCS
Star Hustlers

Guyfawkes:
Picross

GP2X Coder:
Legend of the Shinobi

Randomhack:
calendar
notes application

Zodttd:
psx4pandora

Hooka:
Wolf3D
Freesci

Phil Endecott:
photo viewing application

linuxhacker:
pandora OE
homeworld

svartalf:
Soul Ride
Ballistics
Bandits: Phoenix Rising

Julius:
LinuxGamePublishing

icurafu:
Majesty
Creatures
Gorky 17
MindRover

I like the list that's developing, but I don't see much proof of any of this going to the Pandora, but atleast it makes me feel even better about shelling out $320.
Did I mention I'd make a graphical editor for my ARSS on the Pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
Classic Team said:
svartalf:
Soul Ride
Ballistics

Julius:
LinuxGamePublishing

icurafu:
Majesty
Creatures
Gorky 17
MindRover
Heh... You really need to adjust that list. In order of what is likely to show and what I intend on working on:
  • No Gravity (Open Source 3D space combat game- if I get a Pandora in hand, I'll do my level best to get this one done fairly quickly. It's a nice title that would show off this machine well- and it won't cost anything and could be bundled with the 3000 or later on production runs...)
  • Soul Ride
  • Ballistics
  • Bandits
IF things work well and there seems to be a market or I can sweet-talk Michael into permission and it's realistic upon looking at the source code:
  • Majesty
  • MindRover
  • Gorky 17
  • Creatures 3

Sorry if that list is alittle screwed up. I only spent 5 minutes grabing names. :p

Anyhow, Here is A more accurate list... I guess.
Note: Took out the user names because there are duplicate mentions of the same program/games. However, there still in the same order as my first list. Fell free to modify my list.

calulator
text editor
Images Viewer
Mario HDR
CromoZome
CUBE
Li'l Trooper
Bork
Mia's stuff from his/her PSP/DS ports.
Music application
VJ apps
Super Fishball
IOTCS
Star Hustlers
Picross
Legend of the Shinobi
calendar
notes application
psx4pandora
Wolf3D
Freesci
photo viewing application
pandora OE
homeworld
No Gravity
Soul Ride
Ballistics
Linux Game Publishing
Majesty
MindRover
Gorky 17
Creatures 3
Majesty
Creatures 3
Gorky 17
MindRover
reduz
ChibiTracker
Legend of Nausta
Graphical editor

When we can get A straitened list can someone put it in the first post?

Classic Team said:
When we can get A straitened list can someone put it in the first post?
I considered compiling a list on the first post, but I didn't want to make it seem too official. The last thing I want is somebody buying a Pandora based on an informal thread like this and then pestering devs if their project isn't out within a week of first shipment.

Phil Endecott said:
Chip said:
I would like to request that any coders who are considering purchasing the device and have a project in mind, please reply to this post.
I have a photo viewing application that I would like to port to the Pandora. The user will plug the memory card from their camera into the Pandora, and browse their photos either on its own screen or on a TV. I have been experimenting with various pan-and-zoom photo-browsing user interfaces including plotting GPS-tagged photos on a satellite map (NASA's "Blue Marble" data). Currently I'm running this on a 533 MHz VIA x86-compatible nano-ITX board hooked up to a 1440x900 monitor; considering the lower screen resolution the Pandora should perform at least as fast. The critical things are stretch-blit speed and flash card read speed. I'm using DirectFB; I'm not yet sure if it has support for this processor / graphics system. I know that it has support for the TI Davinci; is that related to this chip? If not I guess I'll have to start by writing that....

I do ARM embedded system work professionally, mainly on XScale systems, so I hope that I can be of some help to the project. I also use Debian ARM a lot (e.g. on NSLU2s), and I'd love to see Debian properly support Pandora. Running full Debian is incredibly useful during development, even if you end up with something more slimmed-down in the "final product". I run Debian over NFS on some of my boards.

You interested me Phil :)

if i could have a Pandora ( my dream :p )

i would like to port my photo viewer DSPhoto to Pandora , i think it will be easier to do that on Pandora than DS :p , do you know modifications made by Guido Vollbeding on JpegLib? it is really faster for ratio 1/8, 1/4 ,1/2

Maybe a calibration program too if necessary ( how does it works on Pandora ? )

And education program for kids like "Adibou" , well i must finish this on DS first :p :rolleyes:

and if i buy pandora and nobody make one an agenda maybe with synchro with my phone

excuse my poor english :rolleyes:

Arialia said:
You mean like my colourd?

A_SN said:
Arialia said:

excuse me i'm very new on world GP32 or GP2X, normal i don't have any :p

i think like this program i do for my poor red NDS : DSCalibrate

i want to test an algorithm with three points only for homebrew of course :huh:

shame on nintendo , they use only two points of calibration :( it is not enough :eek:

Arialia said:
A_SN said:
Arialia said:

excuse me i'm very new on world GP32 or GP2X, normal i don't have any :p

i think like this program i do for my poor red NDS : DSCalibrate

i want to test an algorithm with three points only for homebrew of course :huh:

shame on nintendo , they use only two points of calibration :( it is not enough :eek:

Yeah, colourd does that with an arbitrary number of points. Well not in the version I released.

EDIT : Oh nevermind, I thought you meant colour calibration.

I'll be porting:

* T2K Atari Jaguar emulator - From the x86 Linux version, not the GP2X version. Should run a few more carts.

* Emu multi-system emulator - Once Dio releases the PC version. Systems emulated are ZX Spectrum, Atari VCS/ST/Jaguar, C64 (I think?) Probably some others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

I might dust off some of my old Linux OpenGL-based 3D games and see if I can polish them up enough to be worth releasing. Don't get your hopes up too much, though. :)

Guyfawkes: Yeah, Picross FTW! We need some online multiplayer that doesn't suck (contrary to Picross DS)!

squeakypants said:
Guyfawkes: Yeah, Picross FTW! We need some online multiplayer that doesn't suck (contrary to Picross DS)!
A tibia like clone or ragnarok ect. should be doable
here is a list of free MMOs, might not be open source but since they are free anyway a few words with their devs should in many cases prove fruitful :)

Also you got a few good MMORPG engines out there that might be ok to use, also depending on how much you can slim it down perhaps Regnum might be interested in a joint venture, perhaps not open source but still free and has a native linux port that's supported, uses OpenGL but should be able to move that to OpenGL ES and smaller graphics ect. should lessen the requirements.

right now (Minimum)
Processor
Intel Pentium 3 800 Mhz or AMD Duron 900 Mhz or superior
Memory
256 Megabytes of RAM or superior
Video
ATI Radeon 7500 or nVIDIA Geforce 2 and superior

Not really heavy req. to start with and if you lower graphics and make them smaller and less detailed models, remove some eye candy while porting to OpenGL ES it should be plausible in theory at least to get it to run on Pandora with using some virtual RAM, as to performance well optimized code and a few UI tweaks it should be playable altho it's a big undertaking and requires active co-op with the regnum devs since they update it a lot.

So for MMOs there are options for Pandora specially with the keyboard and many of the free MMOs are decent, what they really lack is users more than anything, so imagine their luck if a active community shows interest :)

An MMO, or any game really, only has 2 ways of being ported: Open Source or Commercial Support. The latter is very unlikely, and MMOs are rarely open source. The only one that comes to mind is this:
http://planeshift.it/

Not sure if it would port. It uses Crystal Space, so that would need to be ported first. It also has rather high system requirements; higher than the Pandora has.

EDIT: After browsing wikipedia, I'm surprised to see many MMOs that have a CHANCE of working on the Pandora:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_Lands
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PoxNora
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puzzle_Pirates
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dofus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wurm_Online

There may be others, and some of them may not work. Basically, anything with low enough requirements in Java (or any cross-platform language) should work with little or no modification. Anything that's open source (with low enough requirements) could be ported. Anything that has a linux client (like Second Life) can only be ported if the developer does it; the community has no way to do it without the source code.

squeakypants said:
An MMO, or any game really, only has 2 ways of being ported: Open Source or Commercial Support. The latter is very unlikely, and MMOs are rarely open source. The only one that comes to mind is this:
http://planeshift.it/

Or someone just has to code a new RPG dedicated and straight for the GP2X, I'm sure it would be a success. :)

yaustar said:
Svartalf: Out of interest, are you a member of realtech-vr?
No. I'm affiliated with Linux Game Publishing. I'm pulling Realtech's FOSS version (That works right) and planning on porting it along with Soul Ride (Since the engine's GPL, you could use the freely available 2 or so levels out there with it- if it works well, I might be able to make a sell to allow an official binary at the least for that one and the other games I've access to source code.

fusion_power said:
Or someone just has to code a new RPG dedicated and straight for the GP2X, I'm sure it would be a success. :)
Heh... Best of luck on THAT one. :D An MMO's painful and requires dedication- I'm impressed that Planeshift's gone as far as it has. ;)

squeakypants said:
Glad to see someone is interested in the game. I had actually kinda forgot about the game since last posting about it as I bought a 360 instead of nicking my brothers one so I have been distracted by it for the past month or so :)

So today I done a bit of work on Picross and the basic game backend is pretty much complete, it seems to work fine with 5x5,10x10,15x15,20x20 and 25x25 grids but I haven't tested it extensively as I have not wrote any code to do the actual loading of levels so I am just using quick built in test levels.

This is next on my list of things to do along with the level designer, I can then test it properly and give the PC builds to a few interested people to create some levels. Those that do create levels along with the beta testers will get a free copy when its ready... Yeah the game will be commercial but only a few £/$ which I think is fair enough for a game, if people don't like it then don't buy it :) I will probably have further information over the next few weeks on my software homepage linked in my signature so keep an eye out there for more details.

First I would try to port my GP32/GP2X demos. Easy and fun.

Then,... mmm, there are a lot of possibilities.

Maybe,... a huge project I have in mind for an RPG with a new world/mythology I am thinking, also technically polygons and voxels (landscape like in Outcast) for the CPU power of Pandora, to explore worlds in RPG environment. Ok,. I am a dreamer but that idea was pondering in my mind for a long.

If I was to be a realist? Maybe a 3d racing game? There weren't many racing games in GP32/GP2X and I was dreaming of one by using my 3D engine. I still think. I still think it can be done in my GP2X. But if it's done I will be porting it to Pandora for sure (and there I can just use the 3d acceleration for speed and quality, but this project is originally thought for software render 3D on GP2X).

If I wish to be more realist? I have started coding a X86 emulator. Well,. yesterday but there is nothing here right now. I wish to go for speed. It will need lot's of work but I am obsessed with this project and started yesterday on a PC DevC++ project. Haven't coded an emulator before though. And if it's fast enough I will port it in Pandora too. I am only wondering if it's possible to do a X86 emulator for GP2X too and being faster than DosBox?

Being much more realist? Ports?

A new demo for sure :)

To add to the list of "boring" projects. I'll be porting my Rapid Serial Visual Presentation app to the Pandora certainly. It's a pretty simple app, so I can probably port it regardless of whether or not I get a Pandora immediately. Also the port will be absolutely trivial if someone does a pygame port before I get started on it. Otherwise I'd need to re-write it in c.

Tiny bit of info on RSVP: Link to wikipedia entry on RSVP

EDIT: oops, forgot the other thing, I made a pretty good start at porting Project:Starfighter to the gp2x, but was thwarted by the low resolution display(clarification, the port is complete, but it runs pretty slow and looks pretty bad due to aggressive downsampling (800x600 -> 320x240) and I didn't know how to/didn't feel like resizing all the art assets in the game), it should be a very easy port to the Pandora though (similar native resolution, will just need to cut off the sides, or possibly move some hud onto the sides)

Possibly some other SDL game porting if Project:Starfighter works out better on the Pandora.

if all goes well (and if i get unlimited free time):
a couple of demos
the games I started for gp2x :gp2x but didn't finish
2 other games

obviously i'll probably end up with max ONE half-finished game or demo :p (but at least it will have decent graphics)

Back