A Little Big Adventure

Danny_Boy

Still Fresh
Those any1 know if it was realesed on any console which GP32 can emulate?
If not, is it possible to port it?
I love this game!

Danny_Boy posted on Sep 18 2003 at 12:54 PM said:
So it is really possible!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You tell me :D.

I have spent about 10 mins looking at the code and it's not a million miles from ScummVM in the way it's done (IMHO).

My time is spent on gpScummVM at the moment so I have no time to look at it but after a cursory look I would say that it ‘might’ be possible and I don’t think it would take that long after somebody started porting it to form a definite view on the practicality of continuing.

Of course the statement above does not take into account the lbaVM’s memory footprint or the fact that you would have to hack out parts of the audio or compress it etc. to fit it on an SMC.

Also worth noting that all code comments are in French (that said source code is universal).

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! This is really cool!
But those any1 know people who might want to port it? Or atleaste give it a try.
Cant some people spread the word that some of us GP32 owners would like to see the LBA-game on the GP32 :D
Some1 must like the challenge!
*hope*

:)

I would offer to find someone to translate the French comments if necessary.

HZ :ph34r:

hiroziro posted on Sep 18 2003 at 02:49 PM said:

translate what ? it's all in english :blink:

DoriC posted on Sep 18 2003 at 03:15 PM said:
hiroziro posted on Sep 18 2003 at 02:49 PM said:

translate what ? it's all in english :blink:
Hmmm, the lbaVM engine source code is commented in a mixture of french and english.

Mind you it's not hard to work out whats going on.

I spent this morning looking at the lbaVM SDL C++ code.

I think it could be made to work on a GP32 but I am not sure it is worth the effort as you need to view the game from a 320*200 window (maybe 320*240 with work) and I am not sure how that would effect the game and things like npc interaction, plot etc.. It would also be a real job to get running in only 8meg. My little tests showing just a sprite and background where massive.

Anybody played it recently care to comment on how playable the game would be with the zoom mode fixed on 'in effect'?

A project to port this began a few months back, I was on the team :S However we were all waiting for the new LBAVM release by yaz0r... looks like it's out but I was never notified. It seemed possible then and seems even more possible now...

Rico posted on Oct 4 2003 at 08:36 PM said:
A project to port this began a few months back, I was on the team :S However we were all waiting for the new LBAVM release by yaz0r... looks like it's out but I was never notified. It seemed possible then and seems even more possible now...
Hi Rico,

How far did you get with the port? Have you got anymore infor (or a list of people involved) that you could PM me?

I believe stickofjoy actually headed the port :) he got together a bunch of people who you'll need to ask him for. As for progress, not much. I was systematically exploring the code but it was going to change a lot with the new LBAVM release so everything was put on hold. I got no further news, so... basically nothing worthwhile has been done.

I believe stickofjoy actually headed the port :) he got together a bunch of people who you'll need to ask him for. As for progress, not much. I was systematically exploring the code but it was going to change a lot with the new LBAVM release so everything was put on hold. I got no further news, so... basically nothing worthwhile has been done.
Thank you very much Rico for these news :)
I really wish that you'll success soon to make it progress :)
& please give us some news as soon as it'll be possible :)
LBA on GP32 would be an amazing thing for us :)

How in the world did I miss this one? Wow, LBA on GP32 would be... words cannot describe the union of these two abbreviations.

Perhaps it's too soon, but any updates here?

Back