Little Big Adventure/relentless (twin_e Or Lbawin)

Furthermore, LBA2 would be simply amazing - but for that, is there any source available or will be available? So far, all I have found is the LBA stuff.
The LBA2 code was based on the LBA1 code, with lots of changes. I mentioned a thread somewhere, not very much code at all has been written for an interpreter for it.

The thing is that while lots of people haven't played LBA, most of the people that did are now hardcore fans. Well lots of them are.

babbagesmachine posted on Dec 31 2005 at 03:43 PM said:
screen res is still a problem I looked at rescaling everything on load (tiles/bricks and gui) but everything is all over the place would probably take too long but would be the right thing to do ... for now I'll just try to scale it before the flip but it will be slow esp.

Just use a normal 640x480 surface and yes - downscale to 320x240 when a screen is done. Ratio is 2x2 so it'd be like a supersampling at gp2x's resolution. Once the hardware scaler will get figured out then it will be fast again. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can the hardware scaler turn 640x480 into 320x240 easily, if at all? If so, I think that'd be the best way. Even with a direct pixel resize (no sampling) it looks great

The thing is that while lots of people haven't played LBA, most of the people that did are now hardcore fans. Well lots of them are.

Until you play it, it's difficult to realise what a great game it was. Everyone I've showed it to has been impressed, even still to this day.

Can the hardware scaler turn 640x480 into 320x240 easily, if at all? If so, I think that'd be the best way. Even with a direct pixel resize (no sampling) it looks great

There was some talk about hardware scaler here.

And according to the MMSP2's docs it can filter too. :)
At least it's doing it when playing videos without any problems with both downscaling and upscaling capability.

There was some talk about hardware scaler here.

And according to the MMSP2's docs it can filter too. :)
At least it's doing it when playing videos without any problems with both downscaling and upscaling capability.
Yeah I think - DJwillis is still having trouble with it though, apparently it is flickering constantly.But I believe it will get done eventually.

Hey guys,

I notice you you were trying twin-e and also thinking about porting it.
I know yazor and I in the project too.
The project is with a slow activity because lack of time of all and also because this is a reverse engeneer of LBA1 original engine.
All the dugs badbagesmachine posted are known and are things to be developement after, anyway all the engine is working for a normal game play.
Badbagesmachine, if you want to help porting LBA to GP32, contact Yazor, I think will be great to have LBA ported for every simple machine.
I'm also trying to port LBA for SymbianOS S60 but I stop while ago because lack of time too, anyway I didn't give up and I'll soon try to get it again.

Regards,

I ported over Twin-e CVS to the GP2X some time ago; it runs like a sloth with a severe leg injuries (and crashes all over the place if I remember correctly) but if people are interested I will clean it up a little, make sure the controls work and release source and binaries.

I was originally not too bothered about releasing this assuming a better port would be quickly done. But as nobody else seems to be working on it from what I can tell, keeping it to myself seems a little rude. Maybe the source patches will give someone who is a bit more committed to getting it going well a head start, who knows. It’s a VERY crude port.

I also got parts of Twin-e going on the GP32 a long time ago but lets just say the screen, lack of a scalar and a lack of ram put that idea firmly to bed.

I ported over Twin-e CVS to the GP2X some time ago; it runs like a sloth with a severe leg injuries (and crashes all over the place if I remember correctly) but if people are interested I will clean it up a little, make sure the controls work and release source and binaries.

I was originally not too bothered about releasing this assuming a better port would be quickly done. But as nobody else seems to be working on it from what I can tell, keeping it to myself seems a little rude. Maybe the source patches will give someone who is a bit more committed to getting it going well a head start, who knows. It’s a VERY crude port.

I also got parts of Twin-e going on the GP32 a long time ago but lets just say the screen, lack of a scalar and a lack of ram put that idea firmly to bed.
From what I have heard babbagesmachine is still interested in working on this, he just hasn't got time yet. I am sure he would be very keen to see anything you have done on it.

Back