A Q Aboot Gnuboy

Kronos43

Still Fresh
so when i play gnuboy and i play a .gb game its going to be regular and having no color..

but is there an option on changing it so its always set on GB color

annnd

is there a button config anywhere?

Shikaku posted on Mar 6 2006 at 08:39 PM said:
Vimacs posted on Mar 6 2006 at 08:35 PM said:
gameboy games dont have color...

What about Super Gameboy color support?

=/
To both of you, I took it that he meant one of the colors in the select menu, where you can choose from brown, green, grey, and high-contrast.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i think he meant "is there a way to make gnuboy behave like a gameboy color at all times". but sadly the answer is no. also i may be blowing smoke but i think that would require the use of a game boy bios because that's where the colors get set...

rokdcasbah posted on Mar 8 2006 at 11:53 AM said:
yes i think he meant "is there a way to make gnuboy behave like a gameboy color at all times". but sadly the answer is no. also i may be blowing smoke but i think that would require the use of a game boy bios because that's where the colors get set...
There is a bit of smoke rising there, yes :) . Each game is not magically re-coloured like a CGB title. A number of bright, pretty colors are swapped in for the boring old grayscale tones, and that's about it: mapping. The SGB had a configuration where you could change the 'theme' of the colors, like blue tone, red tone, green and yellow, etc. All you really need to do is alias new colors to the grayscale ones, and make some themes. If you want to be accurate about it, you can take the time to rip the themes and colors from an SGB cart, but that's not really neccesary.

If k-teto could set up an in-game switch where this was done, that would be a very fun improvement :D

Last edited by a moderator:
oh ok. i don't know how the super game boy did it but i still have my pocket color and it seems to map not just the four greyscale tones but 4 for the sprite being controlled and 4 for everything else. but yeah that's probably pretty simple to do regardless.

actually, i like them better in black and white :)

I was gonna make another thread but ill try this and see if I get a response first:

I was using the rom folder included in the zip and everything has worked fine, but then I realized I can use /roms/gameboy as it says in the readme and it will still detect them. er, no.

Am I doing something wrong? I just checked and it really says /roms/gameboy, no capitals or typos or anything. Im just wondering if maybe others are having the same problem as I.

thanks.

Back