A Quick Introduction To ... ?!

I'm not sure if you have read it before, but for sure it is new for some readers out there! At least it is something different than the things we hear and read about islam in the media.

Jarska333 said:
Eh, who cares about religion, anyways?
I do care :)

I may live for tens of years on this Earth, but I'll live infinite years after that. So, I need to care about that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately however, after your tens of years on earth, your brain is reformatted and reinstalled, so your not going to remember what you cared about before!

I'm open to anyone's beliefs and respect them. Does not mean I agree with them ;)

Fargo, you are presuming many people already believe in your ideology or are so set in your beliefs you fail to acknowledge others (assuming that people want to read this, believe in "God" and an afterlife). I appreciate you are simply spreading information which you found useful/ or else strongly believe in and want to preach to others.

Have you read any works by Magus Anton Szandor LaVey ? Most gamers already follow some of these practices through simply enjoying games for themselves - human nature doing what pleases oneself.

I find it scary for some people to be brainwashed from birth into accepting some beliefs without looking for answers themselves. They are not easy to find :) btw Fargo, I am not suggesting you are one of these people, and I am not going to indicate which religions or beliefs are more susceptible to this. If you have believed in one particular set of beliefs since birth, that is completely your own business and obviously I cannot/ will not challenge that.

If anyone is interested in a 'code of practice' for suggestions on how to live and enjoy yourself rather than a religion with rules and punishments, you could do worse than checking out the Church of Satan. This is not a stereotypical 'anti christian cult' as media would have you believe. In fact, the church does not even acknowledge christianity (& therefore the 'devil') so you can forget about upside down crosses etc that you see in films!

Anyhows... I am not going to preach or that would be more hypocritical than this post has already become! Read up on it yourselves if you want and make your own judgements (which is exactly what we prescribe ;)) Just do whatever makes you feel good, do not harm animals for any reason other than survival or food and do not harm inncoent people. Pretty much obvious normal facts of life, check out the church for more details if ya like.

I don't understand why people resist to read such things and assume they know it all! What would happen if you take 5 minutes for reading THEN judge?

Fargo said:
I don't understand why people resist to read such things and assume they know it all! What would happen if you take 5 minutes for reading THEN judge?
With anything in life, if you advertise something to a bunch of people not in your "target audience" you can expect >90% of your efforts to go in vain.

Also, you posted a ZIP file, which means that you must go through twice the effort to read it, so you can expect >95% of your effort to go in vain.

Fargo said:
I sent you a PM previously - I did read this, and I have read many others similar. I judge based on my own experiences, not on some file posted on a linux handleld forum. Believe what you want to believe, many others here too will agree, but many also will not - that's life and there are easier places for you to try and convert others than here!

If you do post a link here (zipped or not) give people the credit of accepting they have read it before replying to you.

Sphinxter said:
New? Hope they didn't change it too much. Is it still cool to beat my wife and kill all the unbelievers?
I'm sorry to have this kind of reply, but I hope others can understand why I said "[people] assume they know it all" while in fact they know little or nothing at all.

And about the zip file, I uploaded it as PDF but QuickShareIt gave me this link with ZIP!

Fargo said:
I hope others can understand why I said "[people] assume they know it all" while in fact they know little or nothing at all.

Any religion sounds good on paper as a collection of pure ideas and philosophy. However, you'll find that the majority of its practitioners are too dim-witted to appreciate it as that, and begin to take it excessively literally - and I'm not talking just about Islam, but about every organized religion out there. Say what you want, but there are some really messed up things because of this, things that you can see for yourself every day. Be open to all ideas, but always form your own conclusions.

All people have a natural tendency to look for a leader, someone to take care of them when they are in trouble. In a way adults are children missing the comfort of their parents.
All religion is based on this principle and the fear of death.

Nothing more than fairy tales. And there are a lot of people killing each other because they think their fairy tale is the true story. Even sacrificing their own lives like Lemmings for a fantastic non-existing afterlife.

This takes 10 minutes of your time and is very entertaining and *so true*. George Carlin:
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

The last part is fan-tas-tic ;)

Beat my wife, kill all the unbelievers, conversion, fairy tales, fear of death, etc. etc. All stereotypes and misunderstood things. It seems no one read even this little 7-pages ebook! Please, try to have your own conclusions away from the media hype.

Well, as a counterbalance I'll go ahead and say I am a Christian and I don't mean in the "unbelieving-but-think-the-morals-are-nice" way but in the actual "yes-I'm-going-up-into-the-sky-when-I-die" way.

Fargo said:
It seems no one read even this little 7-pages ebook! Please, try to have your own conclusions away from the media hype.
You are reacting like an annoying salesman that doesn't want to leave until I have heard a story about his great product.
I am not interested *slams the door* (btw I have read a couple of pages and wasn't impressed)
My reactions have nothing to do with Islam, I feel the same about any religion.

links for the unbelievers or the searchers out there. http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/atheism/ (also information about lots of other 'religions')

Recommended also the atheism tapes
Just type atheism tapes in something like emule to obtain the tapes, good stuff.

I do believe in a flying spaghetti monster though ;)

Back