A Simple Answer To A Simple Question Please

gibberish

as the title states, im going travelling for a long period of time in september.
never in my wildest nightmares did i envisage still not having my pandora by the time i left the country.

please, craigix, anyone who has a good idea - what is the likelihood of me having my pandora by september 7th?

gibberish said:
as the title states, im going travelling for a long period of time in september.
never in my wildest nightmares did i envisage still not having my pandora by the time i left the country.

please, craigix, anyone who has a good idea - what is the likelihood of me having my pandora by september 7th?

When did you order?

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
gibberish said:

When did you order?
i guess that means the first 100 will ship out in about september? (GAMBLE)

craigix said:
gibberish said:

When did you order?

about an hour after the pre-orders went up.
it would have been sooner but i was in greece and there was a thunderstorm - i learnt the hardway that greek internet isnt very reliable if there is weather (any kind :p)

craigix said:
gibberish said:

When did you order?

This begs a few questions:

First, on what basis are you answering this question? Are you going to give us a guestimate without anything to back it up, and likely conflicting with what Ed and Michael have told us, they seem to both be leaning towards October.
Second, what sort of timeframe would we have needed to order in to be sent units by Sept. 7th? (within hours/days/weeks of the opening of the pre-order?)
Third, what would be the hold-up for others to need to wait beyond that date? (actual manufacturing time vs. the time it takes you guys checking/packing them and shipping them)

I could go on, but I think that's enough for now. My point is that if you're going to give us something, give us enough info so that people don't start looking for their pitchforks and torches. Thanks. :D

Gruso said:
^ I think you missed the "simple answer, simple question" part.

I know, I'm just trying to pass off the flame-retardant shield to Craig. ;) You know what would happen if he actually were to give a simple answer.

emil10001 said:
I could go on, but I think that's enough for now. My point is that if you're going to give us something, give us enough info so that people don't start looking for their pitchforks and torches. Thanks. :D

...and what pitchforks and torches can anyone bring? Those that pre-ordered already handed their money Winter of last year over. What can you do about it? Nothing. Just wait.

lulzfish said:
Simple answer: We don't know.

Nah, we do. We just don't want to hear it.

Fat Agnus said:
emil10001 said:

...and what pitchforks and torches can anyone bring? Those that pre-ordered already handed their money Winter of last year over. What can you do about it? Nothing. Just wait.

Right, I've just seen enough threads in the past few months where Craig gives a little piece of info, and people read way too much into it, because he didn't give them a full picture in his post. From there, there are heated debates over Craig's proper or improper understanding of the English language, people's relativistic views on time, and so on, until Ed or Michael come in and offer some more explanation. This post, while providing a fuller picture, also tends to push Craig's date back several weeks to a month, and disappoints a lot of people.

I was just hoping to do my part to prevent another ridiculously long speculation/flame thread.

emil10001 said:
Right, I've just seen enough threads in the past few months where Craig gives a little piece of info, and people read way too much into it...

Someone asks if they'll have a Pandora in September, and Craig asks when that person ordered.

Clearly craig is bullcrapping insinuating that he believes that at least some Pandys will be delivered by September, otherwise question he asked would be pretty irrelevant.

Quite why he feels the need to desperately prevent people from canceling their preorders invite such speculation when ED has already all-but-confirmed there won't be any until October, is beyond me...

Pleng said:
emil10001 said:
Right, I've just seen enough threads in the past few months where Craig gives a little piece of info, and people read way too much into it...

Someone asks if they'll have a Pandora in September, and Craig asks when that person ordered.

Clearly craig is bullcrapping insinuating that he believes that at least some Pandys will be delivered by September, otherwise question he asked would be pretty irrelevant.

Quite why he feels the need to desperately prevent people from canceling their preorders invite such speculation when ED has already all-but-confirmed there won't be any until October, is beyond me...
I thought ED was just saying that its his birthday wish in October for the Pandoras to be delivered.

Shaun. said:
Pleng said:
emil10001 said:

I thought ED was just saying that its his birthday wish in October for the Pandoras to be delivered.

Well, he said that he hoped that they were all delivered prior to his birthday. Which implies that they would be going out in the Sept/Oct timeframe, if current estimates hold of course.

christ, this thread started so well with craigs question.
shame its descended into yet another speculation fest...
if craigix could just answer now we can put this thread to sleep.

the only reason i started the thread, is because i need a small internet device to take with me. if i cant take pandora i need to start looking for something else and grab a 2nd or 3rd batch pandora when i get back.

The simple answer is that you clearly cannot rely on having a Pandora by September. And you aren't going have any idea IF you will have a Pandora in September until around the end of August. I suggest you keep looking for that other device and you need to decide for yourself what the cut off point it as to when to cancel your pre-order and get the other device.

Back