About updating ports....

char

So to update all I have to do is use pnd manager and update what I already have? I would just try this... But I'm not near wifi or an internet connection and won't have any until later this week. Wanted to ask now.

If you have WiFi, just utilize PND manager like you said. If you don't, you can download from the repo to any computer, and just replace the PND file currently saved to your SD card.

Yes, connect to network (probably wifi) then start PND manager and press Start to make it sync your list of PNDs. It'll then offer to upgrade them for you if you press Y (you may need to be on the leftmost tab to do this, I forget).

99% of PNDs will update fine. For one or two you might need to delete their appdata folder to reset their settings, if you've not updated for a very long time, but it's very rare for that to be needed.

I love PND Manager's interface, but it's annoying for me to use because it never puts the PNDs I download in my menu folder, but instead in desktop.  I always need to move them later.

I love PND Manager's interface, but it's annoying for me to use because it never puts the PNDs I download in my menu folder, but instead in desktop.  I always need to move them later.
PND Manager should bring up a screen allowing you to choose where to install every time you download a new PND. It certainly does for me...

PND Manager should bring up a screen allowing you to choose where to install every time you download a new PND. It certainly does for me...
That would be really really cool.  Thank you, next time I will expect that and see if I can will it.

Back