Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

funny-cat-door-warmer-weather.jpg

Yesterday I was waiting in a parking lot for a couple hours. I saw a pair of birds land in the middle of the large, empty parking lot next to the one I was in. They landed near a shadow of one of those tall lamps. They then proceeded to walk toward the lamp in the shadow to avoid the heat or sun or something. Just to illustrate how intelligent these birds were, once they got to the lamp they turned and started walking across the pavement toward a tree next to me, with one walking around the metal plate on the ground that covered the wiring for the lamp. Yeah, instead of flying over to the tree, or any of the grassy areas that contained huge trees all around the parking lots, they walked across the pavement to a tiny landscaping tree between parking lots.

While in that same area I visited some geese I sometimes watch and play with, and they had their goslings with them. They were getting big. Another group were eating alongside the road sound the corner, and one of them jumped in front of me when I drove by. I think it was the crossing guard, but none of the others were ready to cross yet, so I drove around it.

Today I saw a couple of big carrion birds of a type I didn't know were present in this area. They were on the curb waiting for traffic to go by so they could get back to eating the pizza looking animal in the road. I have seen other birds do this less successfully, as one area I frequently drive by has lots of fresh roadkill (there has even been a deer out there for the last few days), and I saw a bird on the median trying to eat. The next morning the roadkill looked like it was still there, and as the car in front of me drove by it I saw a flattened wing catch the air and pop up a bit. The feathers looked like it might have been the same bird.

I should take up bird watching or something like that.

Will the Pyra be on time? (supervolcano... Italian, English subtitles)

Boycot ARM!
in 2050, each 3 seconds a person will die due to ARM

ARM = AntiMicrobial Resistance

Last edited:
Fᴏʀᴛᴜɴᴀᴛᴇʟʏ, I ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ...
Thinking that sentence might be a quote I googled it by pasting to the address bar in a new tab. The font carried over and unexpectedly has an impact on the search results, just typing it in produces a different outcome. Any idea why this happens?

Thinking that sentence might be a quote I googled it by pasting to the address bar in a new tab. The font carried over and unexpectedly has an impact on the search results, just typing it in produces a different outcome. Any idea why this happens?

Because it isn't a font.
Unicode includes most Latin characters in sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴄᴀᴘs form. When rendered correctly, small caps are the size of lowercase, the shape of uppercase, and the same stroke width as the rest of the font. Not the same as NORMAL CAPS IN A SMALL FONT - although some implementations are sloppy and do just that.

In case someone didn't get it, Death, the Discworld character, sᴘᴇᴀᴋs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪs.
Binky is Death's horse.

Last edited:
I still don't get it. I should spend more time reading fiction. Might happen some decade.

I've only listened to the audio books as well, and I'm 118.5% certain Death sᴘᴇᴀᴋs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪs there as well.
Yup he has that booming, echoing voice. My feeble brain couldn't make the connection to the typeface is all.

Why, you could almost say it was an integral part of the product!
That joke is so derivative you could be a jerk.

Sorry Haven't thought of Calculus jokes in a while...

Edit: For people not failure, Jerk is the product of the third derivative of position, second derivative of Velocity...

Last edited:
Back