Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

rlsgsv5rrk081.jpg

In the past, Boris Johnson has used that kind of technique to bury bad new or scandals. Many politicians do it, but his approach usually went a bit further by using words that would be used for the scandal/bad news so that any search on that topic would be buried behind the news of the stupid thing he said.

So is there any strike by pig farmers or some scandal involving a member of the government and a pig?

In the past, Boris Johnson has used that kind of technique to bury bad new or scandals. Many politicians do it, but his approach usually went a bit further by using words that would be used for the scandal/bad news so that any search on that topic would be buried behind the news of the stupid thing he said.

So is there any strike by pig farmers or some scandal involving a member of the government and a pig?
Hadn’t thought of that! Of course, there’s a big operation to export live pigs to the EU to be slaughtered to then be returned to the UK for processing because with lack of staff there are more pigs than the UK farmers, internal truckers and slaughter houses can deal with. The alternative is a very wasteful bonfire. What else might be going on I don’t know but it’s an interesting thought.

It’s a bit like when he popped back up to Glasgow (to avoid another PMQs on Tory corruption) to declare that MPs falling foul of the rules must face the consequences and that the UK isn’t corrupt.
If we assume that all things coming out of his mouth are lies (which would be a pretty reasonable assumption given past performance), then what those speeches were about were signalling/advertising to the World’s vulture capitalists that actually the UK is corrupt and the vc’s can purchase MPs without worrying about their pawns being held accountable later...

Yeah, there is a problem with slaughtering animals at the moment, which is showing up with pigs going to pork currently, perhaps because anything smaller like fowl can just be slaughtered by ringing it's neck, and bigger animals like cows can eat hay for a year without much bad happening to them. I'm slightly surprised this hasn't shown up with lambs yet though, because traditionally ringing their necks isn't a method of dispatch, and if you leave them in the field any longer they turn into sheep/mutton which isn't as saleable, but perhaps transporting lambs is easier than transporting pigs. To transport lambs you just need a dry trailer with a lid, but I'm not sure pigs can be treated thus.

But yeah, I'm not sure searching for peppa pig would find anything about pig slaughtering in the news.

Last edited:

The scandal involving a member and a pig was around a previous Conservative Prime Minister, David Cameron, who consistently denies the alleged incident took place. It's also a long time ago, and no independent evidence has surfaced.

There are lots of interesting stories about Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. I suspect he encourages them to wrong foot people. He's intelligent, but doesn't always use his intelligence in ways you'd expect.

There are lots of interesting stories about Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. I suspect he encourages them to wrong foot people. He's intelligent, but doesn't always use his intelligence in ways you'd expect.
A while ago, shortly after the end of his mayoralty of London, he was interviewed in the US and one of the questions was “what did he consider his worst mistake whilst MoL”, to which his response was that his tactic was to intentionally litter his career with so many mistakes that no one would be able to decipher which was his worst...

Last edited:
The scandal involving a member and a pig was around a previous Conservative Prime Minister, David Cameron, who consistently denies the alleged incident took place. It's also a long time ago, and no independent evidence has surfaced.

I do sometimes wonder what people not brought up in the UK make of the antics of the British Upper Classes. The Piers Gaveston Society and the Bullingdon Club are not exactly good adverts. Then again, perhaps I'm simply ignorant of non-UK equivalents - e.g. are there still fencing clubs (Mensur) associated with German universities? Obviously not driven to the same wild excesses, but not exactly palatable to modern sensibilities. Or perhaps the children of the privileged are driven to wild excesses everywhere?

Back