Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

x0lqgi59nwk81.jpg

Perhaps dead people can get on similarly dead ISPs like demon internet.
There is a problem with people being declared dead when they are very much alive. It is a known problem in India, and I know of a case of a lady living in France who is officially dead and campaigning to have her status reversed. In both countries it is apparently bureaucratically impossible/exceedingly difficult. Perhaps the USA is ahead of the rest of the world in being able to reverse these administrative mistakes.

Unfortunately real life isn't as funny as Hitchhiker's

Last edited:
There is a problem with people being declared dead when they are very much alive. It is a known problem in India, and I know of a case of a lady living in France who is officially dead and campaigning to have her status reversed. In both countries it is apparently bureaucratically impossible/exceedingly difficult. Perhaps the USA is ahead of the rest of the world in being able to reverse these administrative mistakes.
The title of the webpage suggests it's a portal to apply for a death certificate, not the reversal of one.

Edit: At least that was my assumption. Perhaps it's a way to search for death certificates, but in that case I'd have thought it just needs a name, and doesn't need to distinguish between the user and someone else.

The title of the webpage suggests it's a portal to apply for a death certificate, not the reversal of one.
I kind of remember this story (just hearsay, urban legend?) that the traditional procedure in Andorra to certify a death was for the official to ask aloud to the corpse:
"Mort, qui t'ha mort?", ("Dead, who killed you?") And if they didn't answer, then they were declared dead.
Edit: At least that was my assumption. Perhaps it's a way to search for death certificates, but in that case I'd have thought it just needs a name, and doesn't need to distinguish between the user and someone else.
But death status is health information, therefore protected personal data, so only the interested person can search, or the legal tutor, so they need to know whether the user is the dead himself, right? If it's not they need to ask for proof of further permissions. They don't want to leak death certificates around. :p

Back