Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

a4ke7lcobi161.jpg

Yeah, I'm not quite sure of the right way to phrase that in english. In more maths speak it's c over 17647e3. Divide c by 17647 and then divide it by a further thousand.
one 17467000th of? A thousand thousand you call a million, I think. ;)

Yes, you can fit over 15 million of voyager 1's speed into one speed of light. Unless I typed in the wrong number of 0s of the speed of light approximation into my calculator that is.

But it does mean that so long as your space ship is fast enough, you shouldn't die of old age before you get there. Given the speed of light is an absolute limit, and the nearest star is over 4 light years from our system, if you can get to the stupendous speed of half light speed then it's only 8 years there and 8 years back from your point of view.

yeah, if you go fast enough, length contraction of the space between you and the star happens, so it looks like a smaller distance zooming past you before you make it there.

the way i remember it is that a photon experiences no time at all - it starts its life in one spot and is immediately in the place it dies (according to its proper time). so likewise, the faster you approach the speed of light, the less time you will experience getting from point A to B. there is no lower limit (besides zero).

What I don't get: Since there is no absolute coordinate system, who decides which time to slow down, the cosmonaut's or the universe's?

This meme is probably not really from the Spanish government, but I'm told it has been seen hanging on walls in shops
Feel free to correct my translation:
Wearing your mask like this... Is like wearing your underwear like this...
Please be so kind as to place your mask properly.
#we will stop this virus together /we're going to stop this virus together / we're stopping this virus together
Spanish government. Ministry of Helthcare, Social services and Equality [fake attribution, I guess, because the ministry of equality should have published a second version with a bra]
source
iu

#we will stop this virus together /we're going to stop this virus together / we're stopping this virus together
Not quite. "Parar" could also mean "stand up", and I think that's the funny double entendre. (we get it up together)

Back