Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

zDVsFdam.jpg

The job application screening reminds me of that quote from Graeber's Bullshit Jobs

To be eligible for hire, the applicant must present a resume incorporating all the themes and phraseology of the announcement so that the hiring software our agency uses will recognize their qualifications. After the person is hired, their duties must be spelled out in yet another document that will form the basis for annual performance appraisals. I have rewritten candidates’ resumes myself to ensure that they defeat the hiring software so I can be allowed to interview and select them. If they don’t make it past the computer, I can’t consider them.

This is a raytracing engine contained in a single Mysql SELECT statement. In the beginning of the code there are a few parameters that can be modified. The scene can be specified using the @triangles and @squares parameters, but everything is explained in the comments. The whole query returns a bitmap file which can be written to the filesystem using the "INTO DUMPFILE" syntax at the end of the query, if mysql has filesystem write permissions.
The raytracer supports shadows and reflections, which makes it, to my knowledge, the most advanced MySQL raytracer on the market right now. However, it is not really polished and kinda slow.

Post automatically merged:

Human language is being degraded.
Do you mean A) my English sucks or B) that we've passed the Turing test not by producing computers that are as intelligent as humans but by producing humans that are as stupid as computers (or they even think by the remote control from "their" computers) ?
In case of A) I agree but wonder that you state the obvious
In case of B) I sadly agree too.

Back