Actual (SZ 1.61) driver for rtl2832 reciever

Ligachamp

Hello guys!

I wonder if somewhere out there already exists a working driver for the rtl2832 DAB/DVB-T reciever for SZ 1.61? On the german forum I just found one for SZ 1.56, but that didn't work for me...

It would also be intresting to know if there is a working player for DAB/DVB-T on the Pandora? I know well I could use VLC, but I'm not so familiar with setting that up...

Greetings,

Ligachamp

Last edited by a moderator:
It would also be intresting to know if there is a working player for DAB/DVB-T on the Pandora?
Long ago I got DVB-T working with a bit of work ( had to copy the firmware file from the windows install ).. I have yet tried it on the newest kernel/SZ patch: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/404-dvb-t-tv-on-pandora/page-2#entry132626/URL]

In that old post I tried VLC, but later I found SMPlayer2 to work better for the most part. I also had a bit of an error in my statement.. I thought the ATSC standard transmitted at 1080p in the states, but there isn't a single station that does as far I know.. 720p video was having issues on my first batch Pandora.. I have yet tried this on my 1Ghz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.. I already knew your link, but it didn't help me very much... That explanation is too old than I could use it well (files changed, kernel is now 3.x.x and so on... with other words, I'm just a noob ._.) :/ Also it's not possible anymore to install the dvb-apps through dpkg. That fails with the error "Can not install dvb-apps" :(

Could you maybe upload your module file, so that I just can import it with insmod? That would be nice ^^"

Back