Ad Hoc

Yes, the Panda will do it, but it's up to the programmers to make the games use it.
B!

Mr B said:
Yes, the Panda will do it, but it's up to the programmers to make the games use it.
B!
Yeah but why use that when you can probably program something similar to MSN or an other online Messenger Service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you reading the comments top to bottom?
Ad-hoc is mainly necassary for gaming, how would a Messenger Service help?
If you are referring to whisk keep in mind that you will likely not have internet when using an ad-hoc network.

Quote messed up, as usual

gavie said:

B!
Yeah but why use that when you can probably program something similar to MSN or an other online Messenger Service.Well, i was mainly referring to the gaming part. Emulators have to be tought to use the Wifi for that to happen. Initially they will most likely only do ad-hoc, and direct IP, but in the long run there might even be a possibility to train the emulators to announce open games on a server somewhere to play emulated games VS (or with) someone on the other side of the planet. Possibilities aren't endless, but darn close.
B!

Sorry, some creativ editing got it close to the way i intended it.

whiskthecat said:
Yea, I'm talking about when you don't have internet access but you want to communicate with other Pandora's in the area.
I have a hunch this will be included straight from release, don't worry. Well, for chat, that is.
B!

Although it's no that likely to meet someone with a pandora who you do not already know which kind of limits the usage of ad-hoc-chatting. But it won't hurt either.

Mr B said:
Quote messed up, as usual

gavie said:

B!
Yeah but why use that when you can probably program something similar to MSN or an other online Messenger Service.Well, i was mainly referring to the gaming part. Emulators have to be tought to use the Wifi for that to happen. Initially they will most likely only do ad-hoc, and direct IP, but in the long run there might even be a possibility to train the emulators to announce open games on a server somewhere to play emulated games VS (or with) someone on the other side of the planet. Possibilities aren't endless, but darn close.
B!

Sorry, some creativ editing got it close to the way i intended it.

kaillera

atomicthumbs said:
kaillera

Kaillera added quite a bit of overhead last i remembered. though the concept would work the same, there would probably be an SDK we could build programs with to help with netplay

Sorry for the necroposters, but is there any word from the developers about this?

I can see ad-hoc being useful to connect to your pc or laptop via wifi when you don't have a wifi router.

Squidge said:
I can see ad-hoc being useful to connect to your pc or laptop via wifi when you don't have a wifi router.
You could also use a SoftAP for that, I use that to connect a Laptop/DS to my PC..
But Adhoc would probably be even more convenient..

BTW: Sorry about my last post, it was pretty stupid indeed..

Back