Adding Additional Games To Mame4All

r3dk1ng

Still Fresh
I am new to the Caanoo, and I really love it. However, I was a bit shocked that the MAME emulator (MAME4All) only plays a subset of most of the MAME games. I really wished 1944 was supported.
I tried to build a new clrmame.dat with all of the correct rom names and CRCs, but it didn't work. Has anyone had success adding additional rom support to MAME4All? I am new to this site so if somebody already posted instructions, please bear with me. I would really like to get 1944 working as well as a few other games.

Thanks,

r3dk1ng

Doesn't the cps2 emulator support 1944 and many of the other 19xx series?

I'm agreeing with him. i feel his frustration too. I'd like to see a MAME emulator that is more compatible for the Caanoo, cause I absolutely love the caanoo, the controls and everything about it pretty much. But some games (Street Fighter II: Championship Edition, Magic Sword) just to list a couple.. Don't run properly at all..when the hardware on the Caanoo should easily support these titles. I think the CPS2 Emulator for the caanoo does have 1944 on it though, along with Gigawing which is another sweet shoot em up game.

Back