Admiration

Mithrildor said:
God Ginrai said:
Thanks Craig, EvilDragon, MWeston, and all the devs involved with the OS
Thanks DaveC for the cool design
Thanks Pickle and cpasjuste for the awesome and numerous ports
Thanks Squidge for SquidgeSNES and everything else you've done. ;)
Thanks Notaz for PicoDrive, and the 32X emulation whenever you add it
Thanks Ari64 so much for the N64 emulator
Thanks efegea for Pangea
Thanks Eniko for PanMMO
Thanks firefox (that is the name of the Atari Jaguar dev, right?)
Thanks to the guy who got Craig and Co. the in with TI to get the OMAP processor

And thanks to anyone who I have failed to mention. (of which I'm sure there are many)

-God Ginrai

OMFG you didnt thank MWeston for his work on the Pandora board, no console that actually works without that.

And btw +1

Lemme rephrase using quotes like google search terms: Thanks Craig, EvilDragon, MWeston, and "all the devs involved with the OS"

Craig, EvilDragon, and MWeston are mutually exclusive from "all the devs involved with the OS" in that post.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot guys!

I just had a long and hard working day (or two days with one hour sleep inbetween).
My real life job keeps me busy struggling for some time do work on more fun stuff like new OpenPandora Website.

And I still appreciate to ALL of you that you kept sticking with us so far!
You can't imagine how often I feared with all the delays that it will go BOOM and everybody cancels at once.

You kept sticking until now - and at the moment, the boards are done, the case moulds are in production (we don't know when they will be finished yet, but they are IN PRODUCTION :D :D :D) and that's why I want to admire ALL OF YOU today for that!

Thanks a bunch! I want to pay you back for this patience somehow! Definately! Now let's just wait a little until those small black NDS-lookalikes ;)) will see the light of the day!

Oh... and did I say... Thank you? :)

Thanks a bunch! I want to pay you back for this patience somehow!
let me buy tv cables for my pandora order with paypal! :p

Im losing my patience, but posts like that and news updates you give, are always easing my patience. although i cant wait much longer :p
thanks ED, craig, and the rest of the team :)

EvilDragon said:
Thanks a lot guys!

I just had a long and hard working day (or two days with one hour sleep inbetween).
My real life job keeps me busy struggling for some time do work on more fun stuff like new OpenPandora Website.

And I still appreciate to ALL of you that you kept sticking with us so far!
You can't imagine how often I feared with all the delays that it will go BOOM and everybody cancels at once.

You kept sticking until now - and at the moment, the boards are done, the case moulds are in production (we don't know when they will be finished yet, but they are IN PRODUCTION :D :D :D ) and that's why I want to admire ALL OF YOU today for that!

Thanks a bunch! I want to pay you back for this patience somehow! Definately! Now let's just wait a little until those small black NDS-lookalikes ;) ) will see the light of the day!

Oh... and did I say... Thank you? :)

Men Thanks A lot to postig up some news instead of taking a possible extra of 10 min nap :p take a nice rest because i believe this news will calm down pp for a while more. :D

Sphinxter said:
A few may fall by the wayside but I think most of us signed on just for the adventure.
+1.
It's been worth the money just checking the boards and starting up various projects I'm going to work on with the Pandora.
Although I'll be happy to have the Pandora too :D

Cheers.

EvilDragon said:
...the boards are done, the case moulds are in production

Do you mean the 105 or the entire 4000 boards? I suspect you mean the 105 that are in testing and have been for a while.

I totally agree with God Ginrai's list. I'd also like to thank Exophase, who has been helping out Ari64 a lot in his thread by providing someone to bounce ideas off of, and he's also made some suggestions that have produced measurable speed increases. It's also a lot of fun to read all of the technical talk, even if I don't understand 90% of it.

Oh, and before I forget, I'd like to thank the mods, who have put up with a lot from us. Most of the threads in General have degraded into nothing or will end up degrading into nothing, and I'm sure it's painful for them to watch that but not do anything, as we'd be left with thousands of locked threads and no threads to actually post in.

Vorporeal said:
I totally agree with God Ginrai's list. I'd also like to thank Exophase, who has been helping out Ari64 a lot in his thread by providing someone to bounce ideas off of, and he's also made some suggestions that have produced measurable speed increases. It's also a lot of fun to read all of the technical talk, even if I don't understand 90% of it.

I knew I was forgetting someone! Sorry, Exophase. And Thank you. ;)

EDIT:
Sphinxter said:
A few may fall by the wayside but I think most of us signed on just for the adventure.
+1

-God Ginrai

You guys are way too kind, I haven't been doing anything useful. Most of my ideas have been fodder anyway ;D I think the things he implemented so far had nothing to do with anything that I in particular said. There was one thing Laurent suggested that helped, though.

But I'll definitely be doing something interesting on Pandora eventually. Mark my words.

Exophase said:
You guys are way too kind, I haven't been doing anything useful. Most of my ideas have been fodder anyway ;D I think the things he implemented so far had nothing to do with anything that I in particular said. There was one thing Laurent suggested that helped, though.

But I'll definitely be doing something interesting on Pandora eventually. Mark my words.
Playstation 3 Emulator is something interesting!

And you have been useful helping ari64 with the N64 emulator :) thanks for that ari and exophase :)

Exophase said:

Confirmed: Exophase will make a program more important and influential than LoZ:OoT.

;)

Vorporeal said:
Exophase said:

Confirmed: Exophase will make a program more important and influential than LoZ:OoT.

;)

Confirmed: Exophase was one of the Devs of Ura Zelda and has the source code to port to Pandora. <.<

Seriously tho'. Exophase, I'm thanking you for more than helping Ari64, (although I am happy whenever anyone helps out with the N64 emulator for this handheld) It's just really interesting to read your posts. I've learned a lot just from reading the posts that you and dflemster have made.... There's another dev I forgot to thank! Thanks dflemster, I really liked your PND overlay idea. ;)

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
There's another dev I forgot to thank! Thanks dflemster, I really liked your PND overlay idea. ;)
Please, don't thank me or call me a dev before I've actually contributed something significant (measured in lines of code) to the Pandora project. Until that happens, I'm just Yet Another Forum Member, and I'm way out of Exophase's league.

keaft said:
Dflemstr and a couple other devs (i think) are making it so that it will be easy to download and play your games. If I remember correctly you download 1 file such as a game with the extension .pnd and it will instantly become available on your Pandora. This IMHO will make the console spread out to not just linux masters but also the less experienced. I think it could defiantly start all newbies on the right track from the dark side of Microsoft to the light side of Linux.
I'm not even leading the development of the PND system! All of the credits go to skeezix and cpasjuste! Stop it! :p

dflemstr said:
God Ginrai said:
There's another dev I forgot to thank! Thanks dflemster, I really liked your PND overlay idea. ;)
Please, don't thank me or call me a dev before I've actually contributed something significant (measured in lines of code) to the Pandora project. Until that happens, I'm just Yet Another Forum Member, and I'm way out of Exophase's league.

Dev is short for developer. A Developer is one who codes. You code, therefore I call you a developer. ;) You can still be a developer and Yet Another Forum Member at the same time. You have come up with many ideas, and have discussed many details at length, letting many people here come to a greater understanding of many different processes. I think you still deserve to be thanked.

EDIT:
dflemstr said:
I'm not even leading the development of the PND system! All of the credits go to skeezix and cpasjuste! Stop it! :p

Ah! I forgot to mention Skeezix, too. Thanks Skeezix. ;)

-God Ginrai

keaft said:
borgqueenx said:
Playstation 3 Emulator is something interesting!

Right! And emulating the Xbox, Xbox 360, x86, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Pandora (oh wait), and a live fish is also interesting!

Realistically I'll be happy with NDS, N64, and lower.

If i want x86 on my panda I'll boot up the good ol' VNC.

there's you go, just find some way to VNC to a PS3 and you'll have PS3 emulation on Pandora, you just need a PS3 "coprocessor add-on" that happens to be as costly as a PS3 and looks oddly like it...

but getting back on the topic: good job guys with the work so far.

Back