Advantages the Open Pandora has over the Pyra?

robohappy

When comparing successor devices to their predecessors (DS vs 3DS, and PSP vs Vita) sometimes the predecessor devices has an advantage over the new one. The DS had that amazing battery life while the 3DS did not. While the PSP was smaller in size and call me crazy, but I prefer the analog nub over the vita's analog stick. So it got me thinking, will the Open Pandora have any advantages when compared to its successor, the Pyra? Or will the Pyra be 100% better no comparison? (Photo is owned by evildragon, not me) pandoravspyra.png 

The Pyra is targeting to keep everything that the Pandora was good at and hopefully fix a few things that it wasn't quite good at. Until the Pyra comes to be we won't know for sure if there is anything the Pandora can do better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect the Pyra will be heavier (bigger battery) and is bigger by a mm or two in one dimension.

It also won't have analogue video out for the retrogamers out there.

Lol, I'm more curious as to how the hell anyone could prefer the PSP's nub over the Vita's sticks. I love the PSP, but that's a major fault for me.

Lol, I'm more curious as to how the hell anyone could prefer the PSP's nub over the Vita's sticks. I love the PSP, but that's a major fault for me.
Well I had a PSP since 2008 and only recently retired it (RIP), so the Analog nub grew on me so much the Vita sticks feel strange when I used them

The PSPvita doesn't have the nub!?  Crazy!!

I've hacked my psp so I could play snes emulator and I love the nub, I actually prefer it over the pandora's nubs... 

Hopefully Pandora Apps can be used for the Pyra, i wants Drastic on my shiny new Pyra..

The biggest adcance on the Pandora is the fakt, that it can do alot whit that less Power,

DS Emulation whit a 600 mhz Prozessor is lot more Impressiv than whit the lot powerfully Omap in the Pyra..

Hopefully Pandora Apps can be used for the Pyra, i wants Drastic on my shiny new Pyra..
Getting Pandora Apps working properly on the Pyra may take a bit of work. However if we're nice to him I'm sure Exophase would port a Pyra version of the emulator.

Well I had a PSP since 2008 and only recently retired it (RIP), so the Analog nub grew on me so much the Vita sticks feel strange when I used them
So basically it's another "console-to-keyboard" scenario, except with Sony's handheld line. Not much to say then.

The PSPvita doesn't have the nub!?  Crazy!!

I've hacked my psp so I could play snes emulator and I love the nub, I actually prefer it over the pandora's nubs... 

Huh?!?! I don't...

At least this corpse knows what's up:

The PSP nub was the worst thing ever.

I suspect it was the marathon of playing Monster Hunter that got me used to using it...

I blame Monster Hunter for all of my console purcahses *cough* *cough* Wii-u *cough*

I prever the Vita stick lot more,

Mybe because im jump from the Fatty PSP 1000 straight to the Vita..

Also the Vita dit have an option to use the second Stick to emulate the dpad, so you can per exemple aim a lot better (is great for Monster Hunting games like MH or Gods Eather..

But whe talk now about Pandora and Pyra..

I dotnt know what is better on Pandora what the Pyra ditnt going to be..

I can play whit the Pandora today, while i ditnt expekt the Pyra apple to preorder in the next thwo Months ..

I suspect it was the marathon of playing Monster Hunter that got me used to using it...

I blame Monster Hunter for all of my console purcahses *cough* *cough* Wii-u *cough*
I must say though, MH3U is indeed the best MH I've played.

I prever the Vita stick lot more,

Mybe because im jump from the Fatty PSP 1000 straight to the Vita..

Also the Vita dit have an option to use the second Stick to emulate the dpad, so you can per exemple aim a lot better (is great for Monster Hunting games like MH or Gods Eather..
You're not missing out on much. The analog nub didn't change from revision to revision.

No Craig falls from bis Roof, or whear a weard Fur Hat on his Garden in deep snow Videos this Time, , but when i think about it, this is an advantage for the Pyra..

The Pandora Board was made by Mweston, and the Case from DaveC Which were whell known in the Comunity,

I know GTA04 (Nikolaus) now a bit, because he frote something in the english and german Boards, but i ditnt know the Case Designer because its a whole faktory...

And the most heay Apps for the Pandora (Battle for Whesnot, Open Arena) are allready Downloaded

Okay. I presume this Craig guy wasn't too high up on the accountability index when the Pandora was made?
Well when the Pandora first came to be he was just an unorganized eccentric that was fairly likable, some of his later actions with the Pandora project and also the ICP2 made him a bit un-popular around here... He made a few amusing videos

Falling off roof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWAOQW5yGZY&list=UUIqIiuP-aB68u9shJSYk-EA#t=163

Hmm.. I can't seem to find Craig's old holiday video showing off the Pandora in the snow with Vodka and a funny looking fuzzy hat.

Back