I'm 21, finishing up a degree in Computer Science at Ball State University. I'm working out a job with the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, everyone there wants me pretty bad and they're fighting over me, so that's pretty good.

I've always liked video games, ever since coming to college my interest in them has decreased more than anyone would ever think, but I still enjoy playing some emulators when I hear the call. And unlike a lot of people, developing video games is something I have NEVER wanted to do. I have worked on a developing a video game before though, an educational video game about the Confederate general John H. Morgan's raid through southern Indiana http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan%27s_Raid

Anyway I mainly got the Pandora primarily for travel: a PC with a 10 hour battery that fits in my pocket for $500? One please, thank you.

18. Still haven't got my Pandora but I'll be using it for playing DOS, Snes and Neo Geo games, web surfing and programming.

My Favourite old games are UFO: enemy unkown, Chrono Trigger and SNK's Fighting games, and many computer RPGs, Both first person and isometric. I'm happy that I can enjoy these classic games and not care about the dated graphics, something that many of my friends of the same age seem unable to do.

Old enough to know a time before computers were in the home and Microwave Ovens were just a novelty.. and young enough to see the internet era sort of hit when in high school.. you know the dial-up on that one computer in the Library.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm old enough to remember life with no cable, no VCR, no microwave, no computers. I watched a lot of my younger years of television viewing on a 13" B&W TV or the evening shows on our 25" TV on one of about 6 channels we had to choose from. My first video game was a Coleco Telestar which played 2 player pong like games or you could use a gun to shoot a block that traveled across the screen. My first handheld was the LED football game that most of us old people remember from way back when.

Sometimes I miss those days, where you didn't get instant updates of the worlds events. You either had to read the paper, or tune into the news. Kids went outside to actually play. In a way I am thankful for a glimpse of the world before it became so technologically oriented.

39, and quite happy with my pandora. First computer at home was a Luxor ABC80 (which nobody who isn't swedish will recognize), the first I owned was a ZX Spectrum 48k, and the first console I got was a playstation. Yes, that was quite some time later :)

He's almost a senior citizen. Given that he was born just after World War II, I'm surprised that he can tell GP32X from cat hair.

Back