Aircrack-ng on SL4P

miracoli

Still Fresh
Hi everybody,

i hope this is the right section to post to.

I recently got my Pandora and installed SL4P. I played a bit around with the shipped aircrack-ng an got the error

'mon0 is on channel -1, but the AP uses channel 11'

After searching the net (http://www.wardriving-forum.de/forum/f267/mon0-channel-1-but-ap-uses-channel-6-a-68603.html for example)

i wanted to load, patch and install the newest compat-wireless package but this fails with 

'/lib/modules/3.20.30/build: No such file or directory.'

which normally points to missing kernel-headers which i would simply install now, but i don't know how to proceed on SL4P.

Regards,

miracoli

You don't need airmon.

ifconfig wlan0 down
iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
ifconfig wlan0 upThen point airodump to wlan0
Edit: fixed commands

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need airmon.

ifconfig wlan0 down
iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
ifconfig wlan0 up
Then point airodump to wlan0

Edit: fixed commands
This didn't work:

ioctl (SIOCSIWMODE) failed: Invalid argument

ARP LinkTypes is set to 1 (Ethernet) - expected ARPHRD_IEEE80211,
ARPHRD_IEEE80211_FULL or ARPHRD_IEEE80211_PRISM instead. Make
RFMON sure is enabled: run '-ng start wlan0 airmon <#>'
Sysfs injection support was not found either.

I got things working using a new version of aircrack-ng from SVN/nightly build which has the --ignore-negative-one command line option

But since all the scripts on the net (airoscript/wifite) don't know about this option it would be nicer to have a patched driver. But couldn't get this working yet. Still trying around.

Are you able to provide the updated build of aircrack-ng with the --ignore-negative-one option in? I tried to build it myself in Slackware but it didn't work for me.

Thank you, I wasn't sure how often you check the forums so also sent you a PM regarding this, which you can ignore. If you are able to provide a build I would appreciate it as I am getting the exact same error you reported:

'mon0 is on channel -1, but the AP uses channel 11'

So hopefully with your updated build I will be able to get past this.

Hi,

i've uploaded a build script (here) and the aircrack source it uses (here) onto my webspace (the form here didn't allow me to upload it here). To install this version you have to

1. unzip the archive containing the script

2. copy the aircrack source into this folder

3. run the .Slackbuild file

4. install the generated package with installpkg

Maybe there is an easier way of doing this but as already said i'm new to this. Perhaps a more experienced person could give some suggestions?

Hope this works for you.

The name is the same but the first file ends as tgz and the second as tar.gz

Are there any naming conventions?

I can confirm I was able to download the two (different files) and from there build and install. I managed to run with the new command line option (ignoring -1) and perform a injection test, however when I retry the injection test fails. I ran out of time to look any further last night, but hopefully I will be able to take another look today. For what it is worth, I am just doing tests using a hot spot created by my mobile phone, which is sitting next to the Pandora, and when the injection test worked, it reported 30% (where 0% is not able to communicate at all, and 100% is perfect communications).

Can a phone create a "real" hotspot? I thought what they offer is an ad-hoc connection. Does that make a difference?

Back