Some workaround Aircrack

Seems to work so far, haven't gotten everything setup yet, HF6 does not need that wifi driver though, t ia already capable of monitor mode.

I have a Alfa AWUS036H and it works with the rtl8187 driver.  I haven't tried packet injection.  Some of the third party antennas have gotten mixed reviews.  I'm using the stock antenna and the signal is good.

My main gripe with it is that the automatic rate control is a bit poor.  It has a tendency to default to 54Mbps, and from time to time will completely lose the signal unless I set a lower rate using 'sudo iwconfig wlan1 rate ...'

Also, this is a 2.4GHz b/g radio only.  No 5.7 GHz, and no 802.11n.

It can do 1000mW (30 dBm) but you will need a powered USB hub as this draws a lot of power.  Also if using CRDA you will need to set a country code that allows 1000mW (eg US, BZ, NZ).

It's been almost a year since the last post here. Are there any news/updates on this aircrack pnd project?or an easy step by step guide?/myaddrproxy.php/http/boards.openpandora.org/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

Well, get a good wifi dongle, install aircrack, and crack your own private wifi spot ^^.

Really, aircrack is simple to use.

yes I think I know how to use it. The installation part is what seems kind of hard. Should I just try to follow the previous posts here?.By the way, could aircrack be installed through pandebian Linux-Swat?

Can't "recommend" you the previous threads, because the only time i tried, i grabbed aircrack manually.

Well i don't know about PanDebian.

Old thread but easier than starting a new one.

When I try to install wl1251-modules it fails.

sudo opkg install --force-reinstall wl1251-blah blah.ipk

Not Downgrading package wl1251-modules on root from 1.0-r28.5 to 1.0-r24.5

Is there a newer version of wl1251?

I have tried it on SU login too.

Modules are compiled against a kernel version.

I doubt any module installed through opkg will work.

These have worked for pandora and N900. I just need an updated version.

I tried OPKG force-downgrade.

Don't do that. :S

Killed wifi. Good it only takes 5mins to reflash firmware! Quicker to reflash than reinstall!

These have worked for pandora and N900. I just need an updated version.

I think you were tricked because the modules were installed elsewhere, and the normal ones were loaded anyway. But i may be wrong.

Why do you want these different modules ? They inject ?

Back