Airmail

quadomatic said:
Ollonk said:
I didn't get a choice. They just told me it was $25 for UPS shipping to the US. Go figure.

You sure? $25 was the price of air mail.

Sheesh. I mean, I know it needs to be padded an insured, but that's kind of ridiculous.

We are helping to cover the cost of shipping parts AND OPT is losing tons of money on the 1st batch. I can't really complain, but I just assumed that $25 was UPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
kidrdbz said:
I received a shipping confirmation notice on Friday the 21st of may, and I received my Pandora today. :)
The weekend holiday probably delayed it some.
I am in western NY (state not city).

It's almost done charging! :D

In NY also, got shipping confirmation yesterday. I'm guessing about a week then all going well. So it leaves via Air Mail and arrives via USPS over here?

xopher said:
kidrdbz said:
I received a shipping confirmation notice on Friday the 21st of may, and I received my Pandora today. :)
The weekend holiday probably delayed it some.
I am in western NY (state not city).

It's almost done charging! :D

So it leaves via Air Mail and arrives via USPS over here?
Exactly!

Chris

Got my pink slip from usps today hoping that it is actually the pandora. It says it's registered mail with one parcel so I have a hard time believing it's not the pandora. Too bad I'm stuck working at Verizon all day.

I was going to choose UPS originally (prior to pre-orders starting, back in '08), but then there was a rash of negative posts and speculation about how UPS charges tons of duty $$$ on everything coming from UK (and other speculative comments...not looking to open that can of worms again!). So I chose Air Mail to play it safe. I've rarely ordered stuff internationally...oh well, it gets here when it gets here!

Back