Albion For Wiz

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Albion for wiz is finished. Works very well. Thanks to M-HT and Senor Quack for a job well done.
Special thanks to M-HT helping debug and fix some problems that the wiz had.

The sound was skippy on the intro video, but other than that everything works as expected.
Heres the archive link:
CODE
http://archive.gp2xwiz.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,26,28

DurTahar posted on May 21 2009 at 09:58 AM said:
It does the same thing to me, goes straight back to the menu.
do you ever see the intro movie? Maybe you guys are missing files. Compare with the lists that M-HT puts in his readme's

Last edited by a moderator:
No, for me the screen goes black for a split second and goes back to the Wiz menu, which I think is what is happening to darkriku too. I'll check the readmes and try again though.

Lame i didn't know it was like warcraft where you have to find the game and use dosbox... i hate dos box

Solution

Hi there guys!
I had the same problem, when launching the Albion for WIZ, i had the programm exit to the WIZ menu after a couple of seconds.
However, after the crash i took a look at the error.log on the wiz which revealed a message like "Xload - file not found" indicating missing files.
After playing around with this issue, i found the missing files are the ones in ALBIONCD\XLDLIBS\ENGLISH, which do not seem to exist in foreign versions.

So if you have another version of Albion, e.g. the german version, rename the ALBIONCD\XLDLIBS\GERMAN to ALBIONCD\XLDLIBS\ENGLISH and the game will launch.

At least this works for me, so i hope this points you guys to the right direction to get this to work. :lol: :wiz:

(sorry for low quality photo)

Back