Xcom1 And Xcom2 And Warcraft 1 For Caanoo (And Albion Update)

Pickle thanks for all the updates! Great job :lol: . I find very very irritating that having multiple ini files pointing at the same directory doesn't work in the game folder. Why the heck did GPH do that?

For some reason X-Com 1 and 2 won't work for me.

I have timidity installed in both.

X-Com 1 starts to load, and I hear one note of music, then I get the little flash of the Caanoo interface and then it freezes at a black screen.

X-Com 2 just goes to a black screen and freezes.

X-Com is the correct version and I've dumped all the files from the game's directory and the archive into the same folder. I can see their icons and they do start to load, so I'm not sure what the problem could be.

EDIT: Warcraft works perfectly with timidity though. I played very little of it back in the 90s. I'll have to give it a thorough play through now that I can take it with me anywhere. :)

ruffnutts said:
Can you show me what you .cfg file looks like - I know I`ve done it right but still not working for me :-(

all you have to add to the timidity.cfg is a line with the path:
dir /mnt/sd/timidity

put the timidity.cfg in each folder i.e /mnt/sd/games/xcom1 or /mnt/sd/games/xcom2

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya Pickle I`ve done all that mate nothing - I noticed there`s a Instruments folder inside the timidity folder, is that normal?

ruffnutts said:
Hiya Pickle I`ve done all that mate nothing - I noticed there`s a Instruments folder inside the timidity folder, is that normal?

i dont recall, but just for kicks add instruments to the timidity.cfg path

SiENcE said:
Any updates to Albion? Sorry I can't wait.

Well not really other than me banging my head on the desk ;-)
This problem is really wacky, ive debugged enough to know the SDL events are being handled, but beyond that something else doesnt work. But its so bizarre cause the same code works on the wiz. Its also bizarre since the code is very similar between all 3 games.

Back