Albion.. how to?

andyhamer

Never got round to playing it back in the day..

Can someone educate me how to.. firstly (legally) find a copy already tried G.O.G and they don't stock it, any other digital stores i can try, and can the data from these versions be used? and how to go about extracting/ripping or whatever you have to do with the gamedata for the .pnd

Thanks.

Never got round to playing it back in the day..

Can someone educate me how to.. firstly (legally) find a copy already tried G.O.G and they don't stock it, any other digital stores i can try, and can the data from these versions be used? and how to go about extracting/ripping or whatever you have to do with the gamedata for the .pnd

Thanks.

I dont think theres anywhere to get buy the DOS version of albion. It was a bit a rare game, ive seen some windows copies on ebay and no idea if the windows data would work,

Its just a copying of the files to the appdata folder, really read the readme its very detailed down to lists of every file.

I believe most of the 'PC' versions on places like eBay are really just DOS versions with support for the slightly more recent OSs. Aside from that, there seem to be a number of copies on eBay from places like Germany. The cheapest online atm seems to be (German Version).

Just be careful that you don't end up buying the board game called Albion.

To play the Pandora version, you NEED to install the original game files first. You can do it in dosbox on the pandora itself, or on any windows pc and copy the proper folders to sd. (or a downloadable pre-install, but that's definately illegal ; )

But the PND of albion has a full text file with explanations, selectable at start of the program. That will take you through the whole process.

And i have to say it's an awesome game. I played the (extensive) demo back when it was released, but never got around to the full thing. Still great now, and enjoying it very much :)

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back