Release Albion

M-HT I encountered a segfault last night I believe might be repeatable. I had it happen twice. It occurs during the battle mode when a krondir was fleeing the battle. As soon as it "exited" the app crashed and the log reported a seg fault.

Pickle said:
M-HT I encountered a segfault last night I believe might be repeatable. I had it happen twice. It occurs during the battle mode when a krondir was fleeing the battle. As soon as it "exited" the app crashed and the log reported a seg fault.
Do you have a savegame where such situation occurs ?

Last edited by a moderator:
M-HT said:
Pickle said:
Do you have a savegame where such situation occurs ?

I may, but give tonight to try an get something that is repeatable from the save.

Hey M-HT,

Thanks again for this great game, it's definitely worth playing. I wanted to bring an issue to your attention though.

I'm using the first control scheme : right handed with stylus. I'm generally moving the character with the DPAD. When I want to right-click on an object, I press L+Stylus. When I do so, generally the game doesn't display the correct contextual menu with the actions corresponding to the item I right-clicked. For example, if I want to examine a locker, I press L then I click on the locker with the stylus, and I don't have the examine/look menu entry.

I realized that in fact the mouse pointer is not considered to be over the clicked item by the game engine. As if the right click was done at the current location where the mouse arrow is, THEN the mouse arrow was moved. To verify this, if I move the mouse arrow over the locker with the right nub first, then right click it with the stylus, it works fine. But of course, it is cumbersome. I suppose it is related to the order the engine is treating mouse events, because as said above, the mouse cursor seems to move to the stylus position AFTER the right click has been registered.

I hope it's clear ;)

Keep up the great work !

Michoko said:
Hey M-HT,

Thanks again for this great game, it's definitely worth playing. I wanted to bring an issue to your attention though.

I'm using the first control scheme : right handed with stylus. I'm generally moving the character with the DPAD. When I want to right-click on an object, I press L+Stylus. When I do so, generally the game doesn't display the correct contextual menu with the actions corresponding to the item I right-clicked. For example, if I want to examine a locker, I press L then I click on the locker with the stylus, and I don't have the examine/look menu entry.

I realized that in fact the mouse pointer is not considered to be over the clicked item by the game engine. As if the right click was done at the current location where the mouse arrow is, THEN the mouse arrow was moved. To verify this, if I move the mouse arrow over the locker with the right nub first, then right click it with the stylus, it works fine. But of course, it is cumbersome. I suppose it is related to the order the engine is treating mouse events, because as said above, the mouse cursor seems to move to the stylus position AFTER the right click has been registered.

I hope it's clear ;)

Keep up the great work !
I checked this, but for me the L+stylus is working correctly - I get the correct contextual menu with the actions corresponding to the item I right-clicked.

Do you have the latest Pandora firmware - Hotfix 5 ?

M-HT said:
I checked this, but for me the L+stylus is working correctly - I get the correct contextual menu with the actions corresponding to the item I right-clicked.

I guess I know his issue. If you're too far away from an object, you can't interact with it and only the main menu appears.
This is not a bug, it's designed to be like that.

BTW: Sound works fine as soon as you install Timidity with the Timidity Installer PND :)

Thaaaaanks a lot :D

Albion... Albion... yeaaah :D

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
M-HT said:

I guess I know his issue. If you're too far away from an object, you can't interact with it and only the main menu appears.
This is not a bug, it's designed to be like that.
That's true, but he also writes, that if he moves the mouse with the nub first, then the menu works. Of course it's possible that in this case he was near the object, so everything works correctly, but only he can tell if this was the case.

EvilDragon said:
BTW: Sound works fine as soon as you install Timidity with the Timidity Installer PND :)
BTW: This is written in the readme - in the section "Music" :)

I don't suppose it's possible to map button L to some other key, is it? My L trigger is busted so I can't easily right-click. :(

Great to see Albion on the Pandora. Many thanks.

Do you found a way to get the midi music working on this version?

Thorium said:
Great to see Albion on the Pandora. Many thanks.

Did you read a couple posts before you or the readme? Install the midi pack, search the repo

WizardStan said:
I don't suppose it's possible to map button L to some other key, is it? My L trigger is busted so I can't easily right-click. :(
You can right-click using button X, where the right mouse button is mapped by default (for right-handers). You have to move the mouse to the correct position first, but that's one possibility to do it.

Second possibility is, like you said, to map the button L to some other key, but it would have to be some key that can be easily pressed with the hand, that you're holding the pandora with. If I don't want to block other useful keys, then the best would be shift for right hand and enter for left hand.

Would this be sufficient or do you want to map the button L to other keys (numbers, letters, ...) ?

sebt3 said:
Thorium said:
EvilDragon said:
Dont read anything about midi, must have overread it.

But sound isnt exaclty midi. In earlier versions of his port for GP2X there was no midi music because the game does mix several midis together at runtime and he dont got that to work on his port. Sound effects allways worked, i just ask for the midi music.

I dont read the readme yet, dont even downloaded it. Because i still wait for my Pandora.

Thorium said:
But sound isnt exaclty midi. In earlier versions of his port for GP2X there was no midi music because the game does mix several midis together at runtime and he dont got that to work on his port. Sound effects allways worked, i just ask for the midi music.
Minor correction - in the first versions (alpha) there was no sound and no music. Then I added sound (in version beta 1) and later I added midi music (in version beta 2).
Albion plays up to three midi tracks in parallel. One is the music, which I'm playing, others are used for some background effects (birds chirping, ...), and I'm not playing these. The reason is that I'm using SDL_Mixer for sound/music and SDL_Mixer supports playing only one midi track at once.

Hello

Can I ask where do I get the original 1.38 Albion files from ?

EDIT: OK, got it :)

My apologies, I didn't realize that I had to be very close to (and possibly even facing) an item to be able to examine it. Ha, sweet old ergonomics... ;)

So sorry for reporting this as a bug.

@M-HT: I just tested the PC game in a Windows XP VM, and also in Dosbox, and there is no tearing, so I'm pretty positive that the original game was using vsync.

Thank you! :)

Thanks a lot, I have waited for this since I saw it the first time for the gp2x.

I do not know anything about static recompiling, would it be possible to give a short explanation ? Would it be possible to use this technique for another great BlueByte game ? *cough* Archemdian Dynasty (Schleichfahrt) *cough*

Back