Alexkidd2x V0.3 Is Out :)

azurege posted on May 15 2006 at 11:26 AM said:
Very good emulator, quick question though, is there a way to increase the sound volume, even at max the emulator is very quiet.

Also do you have a paypal account as I would like to donate when this emu is complete.

Cheers

Maybe you have 'Volume Limit' set to on in Settings-->System.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sterf posted on May 15 2006 at 06:55 AM said:
azurege posted on May 15 2006 at 11:26 AM said:
Very good emulator, quick question though, is there a way to increase the sound volume, even at max the emulator is very quiet.

Also do you have a paypal account as I would like to donate when this emu is complete.

Cheers

Maybe you have 'Volume Limit' set to on in Settings-->System.

Nope. But a reinstall worked I get lovely chiming music from Phantasy Star. :)

Now I just wonder about those greyed out options on the menu?

also, is there a way to change the default speed it selects? 250 is too high for mine to handle.

I've only taken a brief look at the emu, but can anyone tell me if you can adjust the screen size/aspect ratio?
The default seemed to be full-screen which seemed to ignore the aspect ratio.

Thanks,
C.

Works perfectly at 150MHz, a great emulator, thank you Puck2099! :)

I am not sure if there is an universal way to get rid of the weird pauses that occur randomly in some programs including Alex Kidd. It was said that Linux causes it but then everyone would have to suffer it, which is not the case...

I'd assume it has something to do with accessing the SD. I get pause few moments after loading a rom in alexkidd. Hopefully, in time, it will be fixed.

Would be nice to know what happens at that pause moment, though.

I am not sure if its due to SD access as it sometimes happens when there should be no access. But maybe some caching is going on then. The thing is not all the applications suffer from this, afaik.

WhizzBang posted on May 16 2006 at 07:52 AM said:
Here is a thread where Reesy gives an explanation for the pause: Pausing thread

I don't think this is it, because the pause happens for instance after two minutes of playing a game with sound, so the mixer must have been already init then. Last time it happened to me when playing Alex Kidd in Miracle World in the middle of the first stage.

I was playing Shining Force final conflict for the gg on this. I saved and when I went back to play it didn't have my save anymore. Are you going to implement like the battery backup like in the real games?

I thought that was the SRAM part. I tried Phantasy Star, the save didn't stick, either. :(

Never could finish that game... Got stuck in something, I seem to recall.

Please, do you know another game tha uses sram to test that feature?

I've been busy working in another emulator, but I hope to release a new version next week that fix this new bugs.

Regards

Puck2099 posted on May 18 2006 at 01:06 PM said:

I've been busy working in another emulator, but I hope to release a new version next week that fix this new bugs.

Regards

Ultima IV appears to use sram aswell, and does not save, either. :)

For some reason v0.3 seems tempremental now with playing SMS games, gone back to v0.2. For some reason the screen kept going black when I was trying to play an SMS game - fine with GameGear games. Reverted back to v0.2 and everything fine (!).

Puck2099 posted on May 18 2006 at 05:06 AM said:

Regards

Mind if I ask what emulator?

493melissaanddouglightscamerai.jpg

70fps with 60 mhz! :eek:

No sound, as of yet. :(

Back