Release [Alpha] PURE

Thx for Answer ;)

Maybe Games soon :rolleyes:

I make then a Video when the Pandora can Controll the Playstation itself and in Games.

Cool Project here :D

Yeah, I was thinking about hacking that in. The problem is the format of the Pandora, which as far as I know, doesn't follow any standard. Please correct me if I'm wrong. One way around it would be to specify it on the host, but that seems tedious. My other plan is to just send in the correct combination of keys to match what the Pandora shows.
Yeah, that sounds like a good way to fix this.  

Well, I only run Linux, but some users report that it works on Windows.

I tried the PS3 mode on Linux, but it did not work at all. (OpenSUSE 12.2).

Not sure why. 
Try using jstest-gtk to see if it picks it up. Also post the output of dmesg after you try to use it.

My other plan is to just send in the correct combination of keys to match what the Pandora shows.
Maybe include some sort of "translation" table (much like crionic did it with "master control"), so people that like to alter that, to accomodate their habits, can do it ?
I have thought about that, but if I did it, it would be up to each individual plugin maintainer to implement it. Maybe I should make a helper library with common functions for easy plugin development.

Keyboard works nice.

Same problem as Master Control.

Fn Buttons are messed up on German Keyboard.
Fn buttons are messed up on every keyboard at the moment.

This allows the Pandora to emulate a PS3 gamepad
Have anyone tried to use that on the real PS3?
Yes :)

It works for navigating through the  XMB, but games won't recognize any movements (pretty weird)
Some games require an official PS3 controller. This works fine with the ones that don't. I have plans of trying to make it seem official. At the moment it reports as a SEGA PS3 controller. That was the only descriptors I had at the time. Luckily enough, I now have a "somewhat" official controller to learn more of how it tells.

This allows the Pandora to emulate a PS3 gamepad
Have anyone tried to use that on the real PS3?
Yes :)

It works for navigating through the  XMB, but games won't recognize any movements (pretty weird)
Nice.

I vote for WiiU mode :D .

Perfect controller as we have a screen as well.
Feel free to donate a WiiU to me, so I can figure out how to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now this is best at being a USB gamepad with both analogue sticks (albeit a little sensitive nubs).

Its not really a PS3 exactly as thats proprietary and I can't simply hook up a PS3 to my PC and have it work without special PS3 driver (not included at least in XP not sure about newer OSes)

The keyboard side is a little lacking since its meant for one line input, since no cursor keys or pgup, pgdn, home or end (plus hitting enter would click OK and uninstall the plugin).

Great start though its worth it just for the proper controler gamepad.

Hmm, that's odd. What version of Windows are you using? If you are willing, I can provide you with a debug version of this app, with loads of extra output, that may help narrow the problem down.

Sure, a debug version might be good to try. The problem both this and the Master Control HID program exhibit show up on my work PC which is running Windows 7 Enterprise. However, when I quickly tried out Master Control on my laptop running Windows 7 Home Whatever Edition, it seemed to work fine. I suspect it will be the same for PURE, but I'll try to confirm that tonight.

Right now this is best at being a USB gamepad with both analogue sticks (albeit a little sensitive nubs).

Its not really a PS3 exactly as thats proprietary and I can't simply hook up a PS3 to my PC and have it work without special PS3 driver (not included at least in XP not sure about newer OSes)

The keyboard side is a little lacking since its meant for one line input, since no cursor keys or pgup, pgdn, home or end (plus hitting enter would click OK and uninstall the plugin).

Great start though its worth it just for the proper controler gamepad.
Adjustable sensitivity would be possible, but I figured most people would adjust that on the host.

The PS3 uses the standard USB HID interface. I don't use XP, but even it should include the generic driver which would work.

EDIT: Thinking back to some reading I did about Windows, I think even if it has the driver it needs an inf file that matches the hardware before it will load it. Not too sure on this, but the PS3 controller is definitely not proprietary.

On the keyboard note, those other keys are handled separately on the Pandora, which I didn't realize at first. It is already fixed and will be included in the next version. To keep from hitting the OK button, just click on anything else to take the focus away from it.

Anyone got any luck with Android ? I tried to connect my Pandora via the official "Multimedia Dock" to my SGN II, but it isn't even recognized

Connecting to Android works now (either it was the powersource or the fact that I connected it to my TV) .. somewhat:

• Keyboard mode looks fine, I could use it to search for addressbook entrys and could type in the number to dial. Is the D-PAD mapped to up,down,left and right, I could not navigate with it ?
  • PS3 Gamepad also works, I can use the dpad to navigate and the action buttons seems to do do something (at least one is mapped to the back button). I tried to play some games and I could use the D-PAD zu move around in Edge, and to navigate in the menu of Metal Slug 3, but thats all, no movement possible in game.

Connecting to Android works now (either it was the powersource or the fact that I connected it to my TV) .. somewhat:

• Keyboard mode looks fine, I could use it to search for addressbook entrys and could type in the number to dial. Is the D-PAD mapped to up,down,left and right, I could not navigate with it ?
  • PS3 Gamepad also works, I can use the dpad to navigate and the action buttons seems to do do something (at least one is mapped to the back button). I tried to play some games and I could use the D-PAD zu move around in Edge, and to navigate in the menu of Metal Slug 3, but thats all, no movement possible in game.
To get analog control to work, you need to set your nubs to joystick mode yourself. However, keep in mind that the current version of PURE has a glitch where if one of the x/y coordinates of the joystick is 0, the other reads as 0 as well. So basically, pressing directly to the left, right, up, or down won't work for now, but diagonal directions work.

To get analog control to work, you need to set your nubs to joystick mode yourself. However, keep in mind that the current version of PURE has a glitch where if one of the x/y coordinates of the joystick is 0, the other reads as 0 as well. So basically, pressing directly to the left, right, up, or down won't work for now, but diagonal directions work.
I set the nubs to joystick before, but I probably moved them only in "straight" directions, thanks for the reminder, will try again

I have fixed several of the mentioned issues already. I need to do some more quality control and a bit more feature adding. I will likely have the next release out around Tuesday.

I have started back to college. Between full-time college and full-time work, I don't have much free time to work on this. My last release didn't get all the way done, but I have released the source code under GPLv3. I will continue to work on it, but hope others will contribute as well. I have packaged up the latest commit, but have run into an issue where the PND launches multiple time. I don't have time to debug that at the moment, but as soon as I do, I will release a PND of the current code.

Source available here:

https://github.com/Liboicl/PURE

Thats sad to hear, but thanks for thwe work you invested in it (and for making the source public) !

Thats sad to hear, but thanks for thwe work you invested in it (and for making the source public) !
As I said, I'm not stopping development, but it will be spaced out a lot. I am sure I will find the occasional day off to work on it.

Sorry to bother, but do you have the decimal values for that sega ps3 controller?
reason I am asking is  I am trying to change the Mastercontrol apps configs to work the same... some buttons already work, but in the wrong place, so I re-assigned those. :)

I read the code for the plugin but understood nothing.. not that skilled in code...

Sorry to bother, but do you have the decimal values for that sega ps3 controller?

reason I am asking is  I am trying to change the Mastercontrol apps configs to work the same... some buttons already work, but in the wrong place, so I re-assigned those. :)

I read the code for the plugin but understood nothing.. not that skilled in code...
Do you mean the vendor and product numbers?

#define DRIVER_VENDOR_NUM 0x10C4
#define DRIVER_PRODUCT_NUM 0x82C0
In decimal they are 4292 & 33472, respectively.

Back