Amiga Emu Uae4all

kelp7

Still Fresh
Very nice emulator indeed. But, i notice it can support up to 4 drives. How do you access the other drives in this emulator to insert other disks? Also, anyway of swapping ROMs instead of having to exit the emulator, rename the rom file and replace with another and reboot the emulator? cheers.

IMPORTANT! To insert adf disks into each drive (in Filemanager section), the buttons are: B for DF0:, Y for DF1:, A for DF2:, X for DF3:

I don't quite understand your second question though. :huh:

You could swap the disk files (and reset the emulator, if it's a new game), without the need to exit the emulator & rename the files.

Get last (beta) version and read the readme:

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,2416

(...)
- Number of drives: it's possible to choose from 1 up to 4 drives. It needs to reset emulation to take effect. IMPORTANT! To insert adf disks into each drive (in Filemanager section), the buttons are:
B for DF0:, Y for DF1:, A for DF2:, X for DF3:
(...)
- Kickstart: you can choose between 1.3, 2.0 and 3.1 kickstart version. To take effect it needs to reset the emulation. Moreover, the kickstart roms must be put into "kickstarts" dir and called "kick13.rom", "kick20.rom", "kick31.rom". If there aren't during the uae boot, the emulator will search "kick.rom" in the main folder

Edit: Later answer :p

Manjuu said:
IMPORTANT! To insert adf disks into each drive (in Filemanager section), the buttons are: B for DF0:, Y for DF1:, A for DF2:, X for DF3:

You could swap the disk files (and reset the emulator, if it's a new game), without the need to exit the emulator & rename the files.

He means Roms as in Kickstart Roms not Roms as in wrongly named game files

Last edited by a moderator:
foleyjo said:
Manjuu said:

Yeah sorry, that's exactly what i meant. At the moment my emu boots up in Kickstart 1.3 because that's the ROM file i'm using, i also have the Kickstart 3.0 ROM file, it's just annoying to have to exit from the emulator, attach my GP2X to my computer to swap the ROM files around (don't have a file-manager yet for my gp2x) and then re-start the emulator again....

cheers

Mr 2X said:
Get last (beta) version and read the readme:

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,2416

(...)
- Number of drives: it's possible to choose from 1 up to 4 drives. It needs to reset emulation to take effect. IMPORTANT! To insert adf disks into each drive (in Filemanager section), the buttons are:
B for DF0:, Y for DF1:, A for DF2:, X for DF3:
(...)
- Kickstart: you can choose between 1.3, 2.0 and 3.1 kickstart version. To take effect it needs to reset the emulation. Moreover, the kickstart roms must be put into "kickstarts" dir and called "kick13.rom", "kick20.rom", "kick31.rom". If there aren't during the uae boot, the emulator will search "kick.rom" in the main folder

Edit: Later answer :p

Thanks for that.... somehow I didn't see that readme file, there's a couple of readme files that come with that version, just didn't look at the right one :)

cheers

foleyjo said:

Yeah, my mistake. :D

I wrongly assumed what he meant by ROMs. I got used to other people calling the disk files as ROMs. (Although I do refer to them as disk files) ;)

the whole rom and game thing can make emulators unnecessarily complicated

The amiga emulator is bit of confusion well i wouldn't say the emulator it's the games,people are giving them 2 names roms and game disks the real one is the game disks not roms the amiga computer was using disks, roms name only suit for cartridges and cd's.

One thing is bad about amiga emulator that you need couple of emulators to play the games most majority of games are not compatible with one emulator.

foleyjo said:
the whole rom and game thing can make emulators unnecessarily complicated
For me the correct folders are disks for the games and roms or kickstarts for kickstart related files. Anyway others guys usually use (in other emulators like mame) roms folder for games. What I can do to make everyone happy? :D

@kelp7: there is one readme about 0.8.0 beta and it is named "readme 0.8.0beta.txt" :). It is in the main emulator folder :)

@suhkiqp: all the majority of amiga games are compatible with 0.7.2a/0.8.0beta ^__^. Only few games need 0.7.0 version.

As I understand it (and please correct me if Im wrong) a rom is usually taken from a chip of some sort.
Arcade and cartridge based games usually have the games stored this way. Thats why on emulators such as Mame Picodrive and squidgesnes etc the game files are called Roms.
The Amiga Kickstart was stored on a chip which is why this is also classed as a Rom file. Other emulators also require Roms to make them work. For example C64 emulators require a basic.rom.

Games with a primary storage on disks and tapes are therefore not roms and are usually named after there file extension which is why Amiga images are usually called ADF'S.

Yo probably already knew all this but that is the reason why other emulators use Roms for games.

As or what can you do to make everyone happy. The answer is nothing much because theres always someone who doesnt know the correct terms.

Yes you are right foleyjo about some emulators having a chip is some sort of rom.

As we know rom is another name for game which is used for an emulator and they call games roms this way round which is nothing confusing few people don't even know what a rom or an emulator so they don't have any knowledge on the emulator or the roms well seriously you don't need any kowledge on roms it's just a game the only knowledge need is for the emulator where the correct folder and files have to be installed.

So which games are you playing on the amiga emulator?

What?? Nooo! Rom is not another word for game and to use emulators it can help a lot to know the difference between a rom file and a game file, and to know when a Rom file becomes a game file which is what my explanation was about.
It also helps when looking for games to know when to use Rom and Game. I had loads of problems in the early days when I didnt know the difference.

Currently the only Amiga game Im playing is Speris Legacy on my A1200 and Im stuck near the end so if anyone knows this game let me know and maybe you can help me.

On my GP2X Ive been mostly playing C64 games.

foleyjo said:
What?? Nooo! Rom is not another word for game and to use emulators it can help a lot to know the difference between a rom file and a game file, and to know when a Rom file becomes a game file which is what my explanation was about.
It also helps when looking for games to know when to use Rom and Game. I had loads of problems in the early days when I didnt know the difference.

Currently the only Amiga game Im playing is Speris Legacy on my A1200 and Im stuck near the end so if anyone knows this game let me know and maybe you can help me.

On my GP2X Ive been mostly playing C64 games.
Walk through.

Trooper

Back