Amiga Fans?how Many People Own Amiga.pandora Emulation Will Be Cool.

Am I the only one here that hasn't actually played/used an Amiga or even seen the games for it until the Pandora videos of it running Amiga? :eek:

What makes Amiga great? :)

Yeah, I could look it up on the net or Wikipedia, but would rather hear from those that want it so much on the Pandora ;)

MDave said:
Am I the only one here that hasn't actually played/used an Amiga or even seen the games for it until the Pandora videos of it running Amiga? :eek:

What makes Amiga great? :) Has loads of original games.Great graphics great music capabilities.Was around before the megadrive,was popularised.Look up Psygnosis,Company that made great games for amiga.

Yeah, I could look it up on the net or Wikipedia, but would rather hear from those that want it so much on the Pandora ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Link broken (too many "http://") :ph34r:

I still own my original amiga 500+ with his commodore monitor but my mouse's left button switch died some years ago while playing Cannon Fodder.
And I think I even lost the mouse when I moved to my flat. :(
If someone own a lonely amiga mouse he can contact me through PM...

Yup.have a500 and a 1200.and lots of games.but are boxed away now.
So many good games.Hall of light,website lists info for most amiga games.

mali said:
My younger brother sold my A500 :(
He must have been a hardcore atari fan.eg old amiga vs atari war.I must be old.

wrath of khan said:
My linkhttp://www.c64audio.com/productInfo.php?cat=IMM ;)Just curious how many of us are amiga fans,or own amigas.Emulation on the pandora will be cool.Theres a link to immortal,amiga music cd.hope link works.
The Amiga was mind blowing at the time. I never owned one, but 2 of my firends did, and I lived at both houses for years. If one couldn't play, I went to the others. I mainly remember marble madness as the first game to blow my mind. True arcade level graphics. Then psygnosis, and cinamaware came along, and there was no shortage of just great games. It had computer games that couldn't be done elseware, and then they had great arcade translations also. Detailed paint programs, just a great all around system!

I havn't played one in many years, so I'm not sure how well many of the games will translate today. I am looking forward to trying some of my favs. Like I said, I never owned one, but just my time on other peoples units, and I still remember it very fondly! A true classic!

Chris

wrath of khan said:
He must have been a hardcore atari fan.eg old amiga vs atari war.I must be old.
I didn't take my A500 with me when I moved and he needed money ;) I still got my Plus 4, though :)

jumpman said:
wrath of khan said:
My linkhttp://www.c64audio.com/productInfo.php?cat=IMM ;)Just curious how many of us are amiga fans,or own amigas.Emulation on the pandora will be cool.Theres a link to immortal,amiga music cd.hope link works.
The Amiga was mind blowing at the time. I never owned one, but 2 of my firends did, and I lived at both houses for years. If one couldn't play, I went to the others. I mainly remember marble madness as the first game to blow my mind. True arcade level graphics. Then psygnosis, and cinamaware came along, and there was no shortage of just great games. It had computer games that couldn't be done elseware, and then they had great arcade translations also. Detailed paint programs, just a great all around system!

I havn't played one in many years, so I'm not sure how well many of the games will translate today. I am looking forward to trying some of my favs. Like I said, I never owned one, but just my time on other peoples units, and I still remember it very fondly! A true classic!Yep i always played a c64 in a friends house.Then i got the screen gems amiga pack.Yeah many games still hold up though some always age

Chris

Yeah jumpman i always played a friends c64,then i got amiga sreen gems pack.some games hold up very well and some dont.
There was a lot of artistry in the old amiga games,graphics music,etc.the psygnosis big boxes were great.

Psygnosis, Cryo, Ocean soft, Titus soft and the Bitmap Brothers... all those names remember me long afternoons on my amiga playing to "finally beat that game".

wrath of khan said:
MDave said:

What makes Amiga great? :) Has loads of original games.Great graphics great music capabilities.Was around before the megadrive,was popularised.Look up Psygnosis,Company that made great games for amiga.

Speechless? :p

Was there supposed to be a message here somewhere? :D

I have an A600, and an A1200 with a whopping 30MB harddrive! They are sat at the bottom of my wardrobe along with several bags of floppy disks...

I loved programming those beasts, having so much control over the display hardware made for some interesting effects with relatively little CPU usage.

MDave said:
wrath of khan said:
MDave said:

yeah sorry.Amiga has many original games in terms of design.Artistic graphics,and great music.google,Psygnosis,a great amiga game company

paeryn said:
I have an A600, and an A1200 with a whopping 30MB harddrive! They are sat at the bottom of my wardrobe along with several bags of floppy disks...

I loved programming those beasts, having so much control over the display hardware made for some interesting effects with relatively little CPU usage.
yep they were great machines.Before their time,in design.Guy called Jay Miner designed it.The amiga was his baby i believe.He passed on few years back.

wrath of khan said:
MDave said:
wrath of khan said:
MDave said:

yeah sorry.Amiga has many original games in terms of design.Artistic graphics,and great music.google,Psygnosis,a great amiga game company
Ahh I see now, you put your message in my quote :p Got it, will check it out!

A600 owner here. :)

That machine gave me many, many hours of enjoyment. Alien Breed, Lemmings, Canon Fodder, Monkey Island, Sensi Soccer. to name just a very few. Then there was public domain games by the skipload. And AMOS PRO. And Deluxe Paint. And... :D

Back