Amiga kickstarts..??

Garrett

Advanced Member
Well I'm buggered if I know what I'm doing wrong here.. I have the 1.2, 1.3 & 2.0 versions (correct file size) which all work fine on the PC emulator & named them exactly according to the documentation "kick.rom" & am just getting "KICK ROM not found"

Any ideas..?

Last edited by a moderator:
The readme says kick.rom must be in the same dir as the PND (weird... is that correct?)

In order to use UAE4all you need an Amiga Bios image (kickstart rom). There are three that can be used 1.2, 1.3 & 2.0 Kickstart roms. You can simply place one of these files in same directory as the PND, the file must be named "kick.rom". All kickstart roms must be 512kb in size; 256kb versions do not work.

Then there is the other method of using the /kickstarts folder, where filenames will be different.

4.20 Kickstart

From here you can choose which kickstart rom to use from 1.2, 1.3 and 2.0. You first need to place these kickstart roms in

pandora/appdata/uae4all/kickstarts, they must be named as follows:

Kickstart 1.2 - "kick12.rom"

kickstart 1.3 - "kick13.rom"

kickstart 2.0 - "kick20.rom"

Can't actually test at the moment, sorry.

In pandora/appdata I have a folder named Kick1_3 Inside that folder is my kick.rom folder. Uae4all pnd is in pandora/menu. That is all.

Also i think the readme is misleading as regards to the naming of the kickstart rom if memory serves.

kick.rom => pandora/appdata/uae4all/

and/or

kick13.rom, kick12.rom, kick20.rom => pandora/appdata/uae4all/kickstarts/

Hello,

I just got my Pandora and I can't UAE4All working.

In order to use UAE4all you need an Amiga Bios image (kickstart rom). There are three that can be used 1.2, 1.3 & 2.0 Kickstart roms. You can simply place one of these file In same directory as the PND, the file must be named "kick.rom". All kickstart roms must be 512kb in size; 256kb versions do not work.

I get my ROM images from those supplied by Amiga Forever, all versions prior to Amiga OS 3.x are 256KB in size. Where and how do I a legal 512KB version of Kickstart 1.3, for instance?

UAE4All is installed working, well, until I try to start emulation, that is. The fact that I get this issue with all ADFs suggests to me it's ROM image related. I'm using the paths and filenames suggested above. I think the size of my ROM image is the problem. Sorry if this has been explained somewhere else already, but I searched all the documentation I could find without success.

TIA.

Where and how do I a legal 512KB version of Kickstart 1.3, for instance?

I think you'll have to steal it, like you would a handbag or a car. I would suggest a torrent site, or failing that an illegal file-server.

D.

Hello,

In order to use UAE4all you need an Amiga Bios image (kickstart rom). There are three that can be used 1.2, 1.3 & 2.0 Kickstart roms. You can simply place one of these file In same directory as the PND, the file must be named "kick.rom". All kickstart roms must be 512kb in size; 256kb versions do not work.

I get my ROM images from those supplied by Amiga Forever, all versions prior to Amiga OS 3.x are 256KB in size. Where and how do I a legal 512KB version of Kickstart 1.3, for instance?

UAE4All is installed working, well, until I try to start emulation, that is. The fact that I get this issue with all ADFs suggests to me it's ROM image related. I'm using the paths and filenames suggested above. I think the size of my ROM image is the problem. Sorry if this has been explained somewhere else already, but I searched all the documentation I could find without success.

TIA.

i have read that UAE4ALL won't work w/Super Zaxxon Beta4

It indeed does work with the latest beta ( 029 ) just need to put the kickstart files where John4p mentioned! you should be good!

Hello,

TIA.

i have read that UAE4ALL won't work w/Super Zaxxon Beta4

Back