Release Amiga UAE4ALL

Make sure to follow the official thread (or the wiki emulators list) for the latest updates.

The latest update is here, from Apr. 26.

Hi

*** IGNORE THIS LINK ***

Did anyone check this download as it is not for Pandora, think the Wiki link best be changed.

There is no PND included in that download ?????

UAE4All is out there for many different hand helds, and they are all known as the same UAE4ALL, good idea to

check before linking.

I'm assuming that this is actually the new update, it simply hasn't been made into a PND yet? (always like to keep on top of the latest and greatest Miggy emulators!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I PND'd the last version that john4p produced.

In the last few days he has been making some changes regarding SDL that Notoz has produced and a few of us have been testing it for him. At this stage there seemed no point in PND'ing until we were sure it all worked. A few days ago I think john4p locked his Pandora in his car and so can't do anymore work until the weekend, when he gets a spare key!

You can run the latest version he posted by extracting the contents of the file and running the runme.sh via a double click.

Been cautious enough and only stuck to PND's so far, but might give this a go and see how it compares to the other versions, seems straightforward enough (even for a Linux noob like myself!!)

Oh and forget to say hope john4p gets his stuff out of his car soon, I'm no stranger to locking things inside my own car, it's a right pain when that happens!!

I'm having a problem with this new version, the nubs don't seem to work as the mouse anymore! I've tried updating directly through the PNDstore and them downloading from Eds repository, and it's the same on both(although bringing up status using L+D on the repo store download produced very flickery screen, as if it was updating and being overwritten by the ordinary screen image, with the version downloaded from Eds, this wasn't an issue)

Anyone else got the same problem? Also is it possible in a future update to have both nubs as separate joysticks? I've gotten back into playing Llamatron as the update has just been released on IOS, and I remember playing with two joysticks back in the day....

I'm having a problem with this new version, the nubs don't seem to work as the mouse anymore! I've tried updating directly through the PNDstore and them downloading from Eds repository, and it's the same on both(although bringing up status using L+D on the repo store download produced very flickery screen, as if it was updating and being overwritten by the ordinary screen image, with the version downloaded from Eds, this wasn't an issue)

Anyone else got the same problem? Also is it possible in a future update to have both nubs as separate joysticks? I've gotten back into playing Llamatron as the update has just been released on IOS, and I remember playing with two joysticks back in the day....

Hi

Nubs OK here, left one movement, right one - left push = Left Mouse Button, Right push = Right Mouse Button.

I do not download directory to my Pandora, download to my comp then copy to SD card.

I have the same nub problem. Also when you exit using the pandora key on mini menu the emulator screen stays whilst mini menu runs in the background, forcing a restart.

I have the same nub problem. Also when you exit using the pandora key on mini menu the emulator screen stays whilst mini menu runs in the background, forcing a restart.

Hi

Pandora key on mine quits back to Mini Menu fine.

Have you tried removing everything to do with UAE4ALL from the SD card then installing the new version, not that I did though.

Other than that cannot help I'm afraid.

I removed everything from the appdata directory, only difference I got was it asked which nub did I want to use for mouse movement when I first loaded it up, still not working in game though. I downloaded a much older version from Craigs store, that seemed to work ok! Is there any way to download the previous version to this newest update, I'd prefer to keep the nubs working until this issue is ironed out, also makes starting some games awkward now I have to use the screen to get past intros etc....?

Can anyone PM me the previous version??(please?)

Hi

Thought the old version was still up on the Pandora App page - http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/viewapp.pl?/Emulator/UAE4ALL.inf

I removed everything from the appdata directory, only difference I got was it asked which nub did I want to use for mouse movement when I first loaded it up, still not working in game though. I downloaded a much older version from Craigs store, that seemed to work ok! Is there any way to download the previous version to this newest update, I'd prefer to keep the nubs working until this issue is ironed out, also makes starting some games awkward now I have to use the screen to get past intros etc....?

Hi

Well this is all very strange, with that latest version upped by ED I have no issues at all, and was not asked on first load what nubs I wanted to use ???????

The version that's up on the apps page is a very old one from January, it doesn't have the options of changing cores and screen resolutions on startup. I've never had to clear our my appdata directory for this before, might be why it asked the nubs question when I loaded up the newest version?

Hi all,

I've PM'd john4p who is working on this about this issue. I have done some testing and it appears that the nubs have been disabled for mouse use. This might be accidental or something relating to the new vsync. I'll post an update when I hear back.

Hi all,

I've PM'd john4p who is working on this about this issue. I have done some testing and it appears that the nubs have been disabled for mouse use. This might be accidental or something relating to the new vsync. I'll post an update when I hear back.

Hi

How come I have the version from EDs App site which is the latest and it all works OK ?

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=uae4all

Hi all,

Hi

How come I have the version from EDs App site which is the latest and it all works OK ?

I'm not sure about, that but the current version from the repo doesn't work on my pandora. When you bring up the virtual keyboard using the R-trigger are the new or old gfx for the keyboard and keys shown? They were (i think accidentally) left out of the newest version. If you have the old gfx then the version you have is the not the newest.

For a test you could try downloading the PND from the repo again and trying it (keep the one you have now in a folder elsewhere so you can use it again if you need to) and see if the nubs work. I downloaded this morning and the nubs didn't work. I also tried a clean install - removing UAE4ALL from the pandora/appdata folder, and that didn't work either.

Hi all,

Hi

I'm not sure about, that but the current version from the repo doesn't work on my pandora. When you bring up the virtual keyboard using the R-trigger are the new or old gfx for the keyboard and keys shown? They were (i think accidentally) left out of the newest version. If you have the old gfx then the version you have is the not the newest.

For a test you could try downloading the PND from the repo again and trying it (keep the one you have now in a folder elsewhere so you can use it again if you need to) and see if the nubs work. I downloaded this morning and the nubs didn't work. I also tried a clean install - removing UAE4ALL from the pandora/appdata folder, and that didn't work either.

Hi

I just downloaded the version from the repo site and yes I get all the problems.

To many versions in a short space of time.

Hi

This would apply to all pnds.

it would be a good idea if file names had their version number attached as below, plus.

Like this maybe UAE2ALL_v1.pnd

Also with this run of UAE4All, it seems things are being updated but the version number which

seems quite crazy anyway stays the same 1.1.1.15. It states on repo no version change, in my book

if you change or even just add something then the v number should change in some way.

If the above was followed then we would all know what version we are talking about.

Back