Release Amiga UAE4ALL

I've just downloaded the newest one from the Repo, this one has the newer virtual keyboard, but still the same problem for me with the nubs/mouse ...

Hi all,

I understand that It might be a little frustrating when multiple versions appear. However, I'm new to the Pandora and so the PND system is new to me also. At first i was struggling a little with version numbers and getting ghe PND to automatically create the UAE4ALL folder in pandora\appdata. EvilDragon has been really helpful and PM'd be a guide and so I'm hoping to keep things tidy when i PND any new versions of UAE4ALL in the future.

I'm not sure about changing the file name as it may affect any automatic updating software like PNDStore (does anyone know this?). I will include the version number at the start of the readme in the future so that everyone knows which version they are running.

I think I should also say that I am only a small cog in this particular machine, the majority of the credit most go to John4p and others for their continued work on the emulator, multiple versions appeared because they were keen to improve the performance and features within the emulator and to see those released to community.

The update today at the repo and openhandles (not sure if that is up yet) was just to add missing Improved keyboard gfx and the detailed readme. These were included in previous releases but were missing from this one. I added them in and re-PND'd no changes were made to the emulator and so no version number changes were made. I was worried that adding a version number change might imply new features, so decided to keep to the current number - I think the changelog on both sites makes this clear.

@stouffa - John4p is aware of the nub issue and i think is trying to get some help to sort it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
hope it all gets sorted out quickly then, this is probably my favourite bit of software on the Pandora! :) (and thanks to all the time for your time and hard work on it!!)

Oh and another thing, just tried to use my real mouse, doesn't get recognised either now, hope that might help squashing a few bugs?

it would be a good idea if file names had their version number attached as below, plus.

Like this maybe UAE2ALL_v1.pnd

the file name given from the repo is the filename that was uploaded, so its the pnd packagers fault :)

It states on repo no version change, in my book

if you change or even just add something then the v number should change in some way.

again if the PXML isnt updated with a new version number then it is also not changed on the repo, blame the lazy pnd packager ;)

it would be a good idea if file names had their version number attached as below, plus.

Like this maybe UAE2ALL_v1.pnd

the file name given from the repo is the filename that was uploaded, so its the pnd packagers fault :)

It states on repo no version change, in my book

if you change or even just add something then the v number should change in some way.

again if the PXML isnt updated with a new version number then it is also not changed on the repo, blame the lazy pnd packager ;)

Thanks milkshake, now my feelings are hurt ;)

New version posted on the Repo, does anyone know if the nub issues are sorted on this one(it's not mentioned specifically on the changelog on there). I'm in work for another few hours, so can't check it out myself...

New version posted on the Repo, does anyone know if the nub issues are sorted on this one(it's not mentioned specifically on the changelog on there). I'm in work for another few hours, so can't check it out myself...

Thanks stouffa, that was quick, I just posted it! The nub issue isn't resolved yet, but i have added version numbers so everyone knows which version they are running.

What mode should the nubs be in so that they work with UAE4ALL?

Has that changed?

If yes, then my script needs to be updated to make it work.

Has that changed?

Hi

Left nub = move pointer around

Right nub push left = left mouse button

Right nub pushed right = right mouse button

That's how it is in previous versions for me.

Thanks stouffa, that was quick, I just posted it! The nub issue isn't resolved yet, but i have added version numbers so everyone knows which version they are running.

Hi

Sorry double post.

Has that changed?

I've also found found if I plug in an actual mouse into my Pandora, it also now doesn't work within UAE4ALL, so I'm not sure if it's as simple as a nub script in that case? (I'm far from an expert)

Hi

v1.1.1.16 release today.

Still no nubs.

Still has the shutdown overlay issue when using the

Pandora button to quit.

New GUI is good.

As the first person to bring up some of those problems in the first place (don't seem to have that shutdown issue as I don't use Minimenu), I'm feeling morally obliged to keep a very close eye on what's going on! Also, I am missing my Shufflepuck Cafe and Cannon Fodder!! ;)

Has that changed?

@ED - I'm not sure that it is an issue related to the script. The post below shows the comments between Notaz and John4p and the issues seems to be related to the vsync improvements.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54915-uae4all-additions/page__view__findpost__p__948091

Could this be remedied by amending the script?

Ahh, it's due to notaz' SDL... nope, in that case, the scripts can't do anything :)

Even though the version using notaz' SDL is vastly superior in my opinion I could release an alternate version with the old unstable vsync - but with working nubs and the new menu.

Most mouse-based games usually don't scroll much so they could do with the old sdl...

Even though the version using notaz' SDL is vastly superior in my opinion I could release an alternate version with the old unstable vsync - but with working nubs and the new menu.

Most mouse-based games usually don't scroll much so they could do with the old sdl...

I don't see what harm would be in having 2 versions anyway (+1 from me! :D )

I don't see what harm would be in having 2 versions anyway (+1 from me! :D )

Hi

Sounds good to me also, got my vote :)

Back