Release Amiga UAE4ALL

@tuki_cat

Hi, when II saw you updated the pnd file I noticed the preview pic was broken, I thought I had a bug in my code but I didnt.

in your pxml you wrongly labled your previewpic src as "uae_pvw.png" when in fact it is a jpeg not a png.

I have now included extra checks to make sure I don't display a broken image, however in your case the preview pic exists but my site does not show it because of the PXML error.

as part of my bug hunt i extracted the PXML file and noticed it was old so i came up with a more modern version you should probably use.

please edit where needed.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- This is a sample PXML.xml file making use of many different things.-->

<PXML xmlns="http://openpandora.org/namespaces/PXML">

<package id="uae4all">

<version major="1" minor="1" release="1" build="16" type="release"/>

<author name="Various" website=""/>

<titles>

<title lang="en_US">UAE4ALL</title>

</titles>

<descriptions>

<description lang="en_US">A fast and optimized Amiga 500 Emulator</description>

<description lang="de_DE">Ein schneller und optimierter Amiga 500 Emulator</description>

</descriptions>

<icon src="uae.png"/>

</package>

<application id="uae4all">

<exec command="runme.sh"/>

<version major="1" minor="1" release="1" build="16" type="release"/> <!--This program's version-->

<osversion major="1" minor="0" release="0" build="0"/><!--The minimum OS version required-->

<author name="Chui, Various" website="http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/uae4all.html"/> <!--Optional email and website, name required-->

<titles>

</titles>

<title lang="en_US">UAE4ALL</title> <!--Extra <title> block for compatibility with OS versions before HF6-->

<descriptions>

<description lang="de_DE">Ein schneller und optimierter Amiga 500 Emulator</description>

</descriptions>

<description lang="en_US">A fast and optimized Amiga 500 Emulator</description><!--Extra <description> block for compatibility with OS versions before HF6-->

<description lang="de_DE">Ein schneller und optimierter Amiga 500 Emulator</description><!--Extra <description> block for compatibility with OS versions before HF6-->

<icon src="uae.png"/>

<licenses>

<license name="GPL" url="http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html" sourcecodeurl="http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/uae4all_gp2x_0.7.1.tar.bz2"/><!--Optional url and sourcecodeurl, mandatory name-->

</licenses>

<previewpics>

<pic src="uae_pvw.jpg"/>

</previewpics>

<info name="UAE4ALL ReadMe" type="txt/html" src="Readme_Pandora.txt"/>

<!--the categories has to conform to the FDO categories, those will be enforced by the schema and libpnd!-->

<categories>

<category name="Game"><!--Main category: a category like "Game", "Graphics", "Network", etc-->

<subcategory name="Emulator"/><!--Subcategory 1: a subcategory, like "BoardGame", "StrategyGame", "ActionGame"-->

</category>

</categories>

<!--<associations>

<!--File associations, with a short description, an extension, and start params.-->

<!--<association name="View Word File" filetype="application/msword" exec="-f %s -t doc"/>

</associations>-->

<clockspeed frequency="600"/><!--Frequency in Hz-->

</application>

</PXML>

Last edited by a moderator:
@tuki_cat

Hi, when II saw you updated the pnd file I noticed the preview pic was broken, I thought I had a bug in my code but I didnt.

in your pxml you wrongly labled your previewpic src as "uae_pvw.png" when in fact it is a jpeg not a png.

I have now included extra checks to make sure I don't display a broken image, however in your case the preview pic exists but my site does not show it because of the PXML error.

as part of my bug hunt i extracted the PXML file and noticed it was old so i came up with a more modern version you should probably use.

Code:

Thanks for your work and the pxml, I will take a look when I PND the nubs version

Thanks for you work milkshake and the pxml, I'll take a look in the morning when I PND the nubs version

<package id="uae4all">

<titles>

</titles>

<descriptions>

</descriptions>

<icon src="uae.png"/>

</package>

<version major="1" minor="1" release="1" build="16" type="release"/> <!--This program's version-->

<osversion major="1" minor="0" release="0" build="0"/><!--The minimum OS version required-->

<author name="Chui, Various" website="http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/uae4all.html"/> <!--Optional email and website, name required-->

<titles>

</titles>

<title lang="en_US">UAE4ALL</title> <!--Extra <title> block for compatibility with OS versions before HF6-->

<descriptions>

</descriptions>

<description lang="en_US">A fast and optimized Amiga 500 Emulator</description><!--Extra <description> block for compatibility with OS versions before HF6-->

<description lang="de_DE">Ein schneller und optimierter Amiga 500 Emulator</description><!--Extra <description> block for compatibility with OS versions before HF6-->

<icon src="uae.png"/>

<licenses>

<license name="GPL" url="http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html" sourcecodeurl="http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/uae4all_gp2x_0.7.1.tar.bz2"/><!--Optional url and sourcecodeurl, mandatory name-->

</licenses>

<previewpics>

<pic src="uae_pvw.jpg"/>

</previewpics>

<!--the categories has to conform to the FDO categories, those will be enforced by the schema and libpnd!-->

<categories>

<category name="Game"><!--Main category: a category like "Game", "Graphics", "Network", etc-->

<subcategory name="Emulator"/><!--Subcategory 1: a subcategory, like "BoardGame", "StrategyGame", "ActionGame"-->

</category>

</categories>

<!--<associations>

<!--File associations, with a short description, an extension, and start params.-->

<!--<association name="View Word File" filetype="application/msword" exec="-f %s -t doc"/>

</associations>-->

</application>

</PXML>

@tuki_cat

Code:

Thanks for your work and pmxl, I will take a look when I PND the nuns version

Thanks for your work and the pxml, I will take a look when I PND the nubs version

Thanks for you work milkshake and the pxml, I'll take a look in the morning when I PND the nubs version

<package id="uae4all">

<titles>

</titles>

<descriptions>

</descriptions>

<icon src="uae.png"/>

</package>

<titles>

</titles>

<descriptions>

</descriptions>

<icon src="uae.png"/>

<licenses>

</licenses>

<previewpics>

<pic src="uae_pvw.jpg"/>

</previewpics>

<categories>

</category>

</categories>

<!--<associations>

</associations>-->

</application>

</PXML>

Thanks for you work and the Pxml, I will take a look in the morning when I PND the nubs version.

Edit - ignore the above two posts, that's what I get for using a friends iPhone to post!

The version using the old unstable vsync (when tearing begins, press SELECT twice to have smooth scrolling again), but with working nub mouse input is ready and has just been PNDed by tuki_cat:

tuki_cat (on gp32x forum) said:
Here is a temporary PND with the nubs working but unstable vsync. Unfortunately I could not get it to share the uae4all folder as this seems to confuse minimenu/xfce, so I have named it UAE4ALL_NUBS. I'm sure it can be done but I can't work it out. (the PND is in the rar below)

http://www.mediafire.com/?88ci4w6ko041122
Thanks again, tuki_cat! :)

The version with stable vsync and doublebuffering (but without working nub-input) remains the official release.

Downloaded this temporary version, seems to work well but I had few speed issues when first using it, but haven't managed to reproduce them yet! Thanks for all your hard work as ever!

Hi

Thanks for YET another version, but can a hold be put on this until things are ironed out, it's all getting confusing, how many

non working correctly versions are out there now ?

Me, I going back to my last working version, old GUI, but I am OK with that and it works OK for me nubs and all :)

Who is actually testing these releases ?

Hi

Thanks for YET another version, but can a hold be put on this until things are ironed out, it's all getting confusing, how many

Me, I going back to my last working version, old GUI, but I am OK with that and it works OK for me nubs and all :)

I'm giving them a bit of a workout at least when they get PND'd!! :p

Hi

I'm giving them a bit of a workout at least when they get PND'd!! :p

Hi

Yea but they need a workout before release :)

that's true I suppose, the fact that the nubs weren't working I would have thought would have been something that should have been caught before release (then again, I'd imagine it'd also depend on what they were running on it to test it!). I do like the new GUI, makes inserting disks a lot easier when you can actually see them listed. What I don't like is the frameskip option which seems to be blank by default, so I'm not sure does that mean it's on autoframeskip or simply 0?

What I don't like is the frameskip option which seems to be blank by default, so I'm not sure does that mean it's on autoframeskip or simply 0?
Overlooked that it's -1 (auto frameskip) per default in the code because it's set to 0 in my .conf-file.

Will be default 0 in the next version.

Auto frameskip doesn't work correctly and also isn't needed on Pandora (that's why I deleted any frameskip options except 0 and 1).

With the current version you can just press left or right until you're on frameskip 0 and then select "save general config" in the main menu to set this permanently.

What I don't like is the frameskip option which seems to be blank by default, so I'm not sure does that mean it's on autoframeskip or simply 0?
Overlooked that it's -1 (auto frameskip) per default in the code because it's set to 0 in my .conf-file.

Will be default 0 in the next version.

Auto frameskip doesn't work correctly and also isn't needed on Pandora (that's why I deleted any frameskip options except 0 and 1).

With the current version you can just press left or right until you're on frameskip 0 and then select "save general config" in the main menu to set this permanently.

Thanks for the info, that would probably explain my issues with the emulator slowing down, as it was obviously skipping frames instead of rendering them properly! I'll make sure to save that in general config so I don't come across it again.

Hi

Hi Cas,

Who is tested the releases? - we all are!

That's the nature of an opensource community, john4p is making these releases in the beta test forum on Gp32x forum and monitoring responses and trying to fix any problems. I know that he does a small amount of testing before release but if he attepted to test fully we would never see a release as it is very time consuming. By putting it out to the community where a much better test base is avaiable, issues can be picked up. He is very active on the board, answering questions, etc.

At the moment there are two versions the "offical" 1.1.1.16 posted at the repo and openhandles (although I'm not sure it has been updated on the website yet). There is also a temporary version with nub support (but vsync is unstable). Hopefully the nub support can be fixed and we will go back to a single version.

Hope that helps

HI

ARRRGGGHHH, another version with key button changes, why do you keep changing the keys buttons ?

Please stop rushing these out and making really silly mistakes.

File name incorrect file downloaded shows 1.1.1.7 should be 1.1.1.17

Still no Nubs :(

ARRRGGGHHH, another version with key button changes, why do you keep changing the keys buttons ?

Because by changing some key mappings, some new features are possible? See the changelog and you'll see that now you can use the dpad to move the mouse, thanks to those changes (until the nubs issue is resolved), and many other handy shortcuts are now available.

Because by changing some key mappings, some new features are possible? See the changelog and you'll see that now you can use the dpad to move the mouse, thanks to those changes (until the nubs issue is resolved), and many other handy shortcuts are now available.

Spot on Michoko - the changes enable more shortcut keys and makes the emu easy to use, most of these have been requested by users helping out on the GP32X UAE additions thread.

Hi

Most if not all RPG type games such as Dungeon Master & Strikes Back, Crystals Of Arborea and its sequels,.

All the SSI series.

All the Ultima series.

And lots more.

So what is the best way to play these without the nubs, I tried to play Crystals of Arborea and got no where ?

There is a UAE4All "nub edition" as alternative download available which has the latest changes with nub input but unstable vsync (for these RPGs stable vsync shouldn't be important though):

http://www.mediafire.com/?sowvpkn4kt65ku2 (packaged by tuki_cat)

There is a UAE4All "nub edition" as alternative download available which has the latest changes with nub input but unstable vsync (for these RPGs stable vsync shouldn't be important though):

http://www.mediafire.com/?sowvpkn4kt65ku2 (packaged by tuki_cat)

Hi

Thanks

Just one question at the moment - how is the Amiga keboard brought up ?

Back