An indigo Pandora...

I second Sony.

Also anodized titanium.
WizStan, I'm drooling at the thought of that.

5ffc65a7d8bf4c5880ad3dd5739d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Titanium would be great, but probably a tad expensive ;) and dangerously conductive...

I really like the indigo, but it should not be paint, but through and through. The supporting "disc" part for the abxy buttons would have to be indigo as well...

That does look nice in indigo..

I would also like that metallic green one as per the buttplug on the far right there...

And a stormtrooper looking one, like the new Audi's, all white with black recess and bits of trim.

Not sure I'd have the balls to take my own Pandora apart to spray it though, if I knackered it I'd not forgive myself for a looooong time

The painting is no problem, my concern would be removing the Pandora innards from the case in order to spray it.

Think I recall seeing a video of someone round these parts opening up their Pandora case - to adjust the shoulder buttons I think - and a warning was heeded then, it had to be done very carefully and looked like it could easily be broken, the clip bits.

If the cases were not-so-hard to remove, I'd be interested in getting a case or two and paint them up.

I might be tempted still, have to locate that old video again, it showed where to prize the case off from, the strongest point, good for referencing in such a scenario as replacing case to paint.

Or did you mean, get the case to practice the opening of case technique? That's not a bad idea. Though now I think back to that video, I remember a tricky bit was the LCD ribbon cable, that's a little fiddly I believe and could be damaged if not very careful.

The video did take you through the way to do it though.

Who posted that video again...

I'd spray-paint my Pandora a really dark shade of metallic green, to match my desktop background I made for it. I'd do it, but the front clip on the lower body is extremely small and could snap easily. Also, opening the screen looks like an absolute nightmare. I wish those screws actually held the screen in place, would make servicing alot easier IMO.

I'd also like to see raised letters or something under each LED to signify what LED corresponds to what. I had no idea there was an SD-write LED until I read the articleo n the wiki.

I think this has been hinted at, if not stated, but Nintendo see through purple would be my vote :p

I like the idea, especially the dark indigo. Although, I think they would need a pool of buyers before they could do a run of a specific colour.

I really, really want a metallic case. A billeted-aluminum case would be so freakin' sweet .. if only the case design was open and I could use it as the basis for some work at the local tool shop ..

I think this has been hinted at, if not stated, but Nintendo see through purple would be my vote :p

Agreed~ Like the N64 controller :)

-snip-
The Pandora would seem cheaply built IMO. Would be cool to see transparency in some areas though, not sure where.

anyone bedazzled their pandora yet?
I "bedazzled" mine by accidentally dropping it in the dirt. Looks really tough now.

Back