Openpandora Team @ Pax East?

Rayek

Recovering Sega Addict
Maybe this is silly...

Assuming a part of the mass of people who ordered a Pandora will have one in hand before March, is it feasible/would it make sense to take the thing to PAX to show it off? I don't know what funds would be necessary to have a booth there, or if the crowd's really 'our' crowd, but it would be nice to spread the word and let people (and the press) take a look at the thing.

I've never been to PAX, but it sounds like it could be a good idea. By march the firmware will be more refined, there will be a lot more software, and they will probably have a good idea of when the second batch will be ready to sell. In other words, it will be more 'general public' friendly.

Oh march holds a place in my heart....for GDC.

PAX has booths and places to show off things but it would be much more effective to just take one and show it to a bunch of people then have a booth that no one will go to. PAX's booth prices are more reasonable than E3 or GDC but at the same time still pretty up there and may be full anyways.

PAX= place where people play games- lots of press as the press <3 PAX (as do I)
GDC= place for devs to share information about games- again, lots of press as this is the secret place where press gets the most scopes (lots of stuff gets showable then)

PAX East- same rules apply first time though which will be insane exposure.

I know you just mentioned PAX EAST but just thought I'd share that :)

First good question in awhile...

Back