An opinion consensus before i RMA please

All I can suggest is try reflashing with out pnd_run but still OC'ing, then if that does not work, try reflashing with pnd_run but not OC'ing. Then, if you still get freezes, try running it without either. (and if you still get freezes then, RMA)

All I can suggest is try reflashing with out pnd_run but still OC'ing, then if that does not work, try reflashing with pnd_run but not OC'ing. Then, if you still get freezes, try running it without either. (and if you still get freezes then, RMA)

Sigh.. thanks, good job i've got some time off work (didn't really envision spending it like this though)

Walk before you run. Said that yesterday too.

As i also mentioned yesterday, i had multiple freezes before i even attempted an Overvolt/clock

There is also now new issues i'm having (hurrah!) more & more often i am having to insert & re-insert the SD card (tried different ones) 4/5 or more times (or change slot) before it is recognised & the pnd's are sometimes randomly deleted.

There is also now new issues i'm having (hurrah!) more & more often i am having to insert & re-insert the SD card (tried different ones) 4/5 or more times (or change slot) before it is recognised & the pnd's are sometimes randomly deleted.
What do you mean by 'deleted'? If it's just that the files don't show on the desktop/in the menu (as if the SD card wasn't there, I get that from time to time as well. If it's actually removing files from the card or corrupting them, then it's something wrong with the card.

This may not *necessarily* be applicable here, but I think it might be worth noting: I encountered exactly this myself with my Pandora, with an SD Card that ultimately turned out to be temperamental. There's a possibility that this particular thing is card-related, rather than Pandora-related.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may not *necessarily* be applicable here, but I think it might be worth noting: I encountered exactly this myself with my Pandora, with an SD Card that ultimately turned out to be temperamental. There's a possibility that this particular thing is card-related, rather than Pandora-related.

That is a bit spooky Prometheus, as i was just about to post a specific request to you for some SD card info, most compatible Pandora brand, reputable places to purchase & most importantly CHEAP (relatively speaking) after a few more issues, which seem to occur after files/roms have just been added and i then insert the SD card.. BANG.. freeze! it does occur in other circumstances, but this seems to be the most common.

Could the cards be causing the other random wierdness as well?

Thanks.

Have you tried running the pandora *without* cards in the machine? If it works fine without them, then yes, I suppose that would be your problem.

Have you tried running the pandora *without* cards in the machine? If it works fine without them, then yes, I suppose that would be your problem.
How can i run anything without the SD's inserted?
Just try running it for a bit with the NAND programs (Midori, etc.). If you can get the Pandora running in a stable manner like this, at least you will know that it's either an SD card issue or a problem with one of the apps you use, which means you will not have to RMA.

EDIT:

Another suggestion: Try using a USB stick or a HDD bro~

See what happens then.
That's likely to just cause more problems.

Walking before running = no SD in Pandora

I would hold off on the. Pnd updater program too until you figure out your issue. Overvolt should be the last thing to try, SD card may be tempermental.

DMESG output can shed some light
Not after a freeze. Once you reboot, dmesg is clear.

Have you done as I suggested and removed the battery for a few minutes? After which don't overclock or volt or anything.

That is a bit spooky Prometheus, as i was just about to post a specific request to you for some SD card info, most compatible Pandora brand, reputable places to purchase & most importantly CHEAP (relatively speaking) after a few more issues, which seem to occur after files/roms have just been added and i then insert the SD card.. BANG.. freeze! it does occur in other circumstances, but this seems to be the most common.

Thanks.
All I can say is one word: SanDisk.

I recently discovered that Verbatim cards, which is what I had been using, tend to fall victim to that write-corruption problem that apparently stems from using certain controller chips (this can happen with some Kingston cards, as well, and because Kingston is a brand that doesn't produce their own parts, you never know what any individual unit might contain). Accordingly, I can no longer recommend them, and have switched over to using SanDisk cards myself. This also stopped a rare problem I was encountering (which for some reason became much, much worse with the updated pnd_run.sh), whereby the Pandora would start thrashing the offending card during boot-up, and take several minutes to actually get started.

So, yes: I highly recommend SanDisk (I'm using one of their standard-type Class 4 cards, and it's flawless), as they manufacture all of the parts that go into their cards, and their cards aren't given to strange behaviour of any sort. (I trust them with holding my Mega Man novel - I should hope that that says it all. :p )

As for where to purchase and where's the cheapest, you're UK-based, right? You really can't go wrong with Amazon, Play.com, or 7DayShop.com - just avoid third-parties selling through such sites (and of course, avoid eBay like the plague, but I'm sure you know that already!), just to be safe, because whilst many of them are genuine businesses occasionally fakes pop up with third-parties, and it's often not worth the hassle when Amazon's and Play.com's prices are usually cheaper anyway.

Thanks.
All I can say is one word: SanDisk.

I recently discovered that Verbatim cards, which is what I had been using, tend to fall victim to that write-corruption problem that apparently stems from using certain controller chips (this can happen with some Kingston cards, as well, and because Kingston is a brand that doesn't produce their own parts, you never know what any individual unit might contain). Accordingly, I can no longer recommend them, and have switched over to using SanDisk cards myself. This also stopped a rare problem I was encountering (which for some reason became much, much worse with the updated pnd_run.sh), whereby the Pandora would start thrashing the offending card during boot-up, and take several minutes to actually get started.

So, yes: I highly recommend SanDisk (I'm using one of their standard-type Class 4 cards, and it's flawless), as they manufacture all of the parts that go into their cards, and their cards aren't given to strange behaviour of any sort. (I trust them with holding my Mega Man novel - I should hope that that says it all. :p )

As for where to purchase and where's the cheapest, you're UK-based, right? You really can't go wrong with Amazon, Play.com, or 7DayShop.com - just avoid third-parties selling through such sites (and of course, avoid eBay like the plague, but I'm sure you know that already!), just to be safe, because whilst many of them are genuine businesses occasionally fakes pop up with third-parties, and it's often not worth the hassle when Amazon's and Play.com's prices are usually cheaper anyway.

Many thanks,

I will hold off on any more Pandora related exploits until i get some more cards.

^ Have you tested its stability without the cards in, at least? It would be nice to rule that out. :p

^ Just the same as vadsamoht suggested on the previous page - run it without the cards for a bit, use the built-in apps, and so on, and check if it still has the freezes you were experiencing before.

Back