... and production still is reliable and moving forward :) (2012-05-11)

Great... do we need to hire Ninjas to protect shipments?

The new cases will also have a new color. It will be a dark silver, looking a bit like aluminium.

The new paint is way more scratch resistant and looks a lot better.

As soon as I got it, I'll take some pictures.

We still got some black cases left, so you will be able to decide what color you want.

ED, thanks for the update! The new cases sound awesome! May I ask how many of the classic cases you have left?

Were you also able to upgrade/tweak the plastic for the new cases?

You are doing quite an awesome work there ED. You are my hero.

Complying with world wide companies from production to delivery of a "personal project" is just an outstanding feat.

I´m really glad you take your time to share such with us...It is the reason I´m here.

Again, congrats man, that is a whole different universe then the just planning, I´m really thankfull that you strive this path and share.

It's been 4 years... I have relatives who have been born & leared to speak in less time. Listen, I'm not perfect, nobody is. My steam just needed a little venting.

It was this or you would have got nothing, I actually filled in the paperwork for bankruptcy last year, until Ed suggested we ask the community to fund the rest of the production.

Things really were on a knife edge. It is absolutely incredible that the production restarted, Ed had the energy to handle all this when I was at rock bottom.

Things might not be perfect yet, but it is certainly turning around.

It's been a crazy ride for you guys, and I'm really glad you stuck it out. Without you, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Thanks ED, Craig, and all you guys and gals that help out!

Didn't I mention that?

Except for the ones that arrived within the last 2 weeks, I'm almost finished with old repairs (only about 4 or 5 left)

I don't post a lot, but I've been reading from the start. I have to write this though.

I've been waiting for a long time for my Pandora and still am. I'm baffled by all the things that have gone wrong. But the most of all I'm amazed that the project is still going and looking strong. To me this just shows the determination an resilience of the OP team. I think I would have thrown in the towel a long time ago. Kudos.

Thanks for the update ED :) and no, i dont wanna switch with you :p , unless the outlook is to swim in money! :p I hope for you guys the Pandora will make profit soon.

Over 600 Pandoras have already been delivered (about 200 of those to long-time preorders) and we're currently getting a stable 100 per week units.

This is not yet full production speed. New test PCBs have been successful produced, so once the next batch of 1000 PCBs is finished, I'm planning to speed up to about 250 units per week.

Is that 600 since the last update on the current status overview? (14-04-2012)

In that case:

Total produced: 3500 + 600 = 4200

Old preorders batch 1&2 left: 1000 - 200 = 800

Then the average prduction since then have been 125 / week

With 100 units per week, and one third going to batch 1&2, there will be 24 weeks (about 6 months) for the last old preorder to be delivered.

If the production was 250 it would be about 10 weeks with the same ratio.

Estimates always seem to fail, but it looks like most of the que could be dealt with between 10 - 24 weeks from now then.

company COULD produce more per week - but we also have to sell and ship them

Hmmm... Feel free to bash away at me for voicing my impatience, but I've been waiting -quietly I may add- for my Pandora since 2008! To tell me that you have to sell the units before you can ramp up production is a bit of slap in the face. Yes, I know the whole story about money et al... but after nearly 4 years, I guess I'm just getting a little fed up.

End rant.
One thing I don't get: You have been waiting 4 years. What difference do 2 more months (or 3 or 4) make? If, after waiting for 4 years, you really can't take it anymore just get a refund and walk away, no one is forcing you to wait longer? Or are you caught up in some sort of sunk costs fallacy believing you have invested to much of your precious time already to walk away now?

As for the missing 5000 Euros: That is bad news, I don't share the hope you'll ever see that money again, even if they find the guy he is probably bancrupt too on a personal level so even if you get a warrant you won't see any money from him, I'd consider that money a loss.

As for the missing 5000 Euros: That is bad news, I don't share the hope you'll ever see that money again, even if they find the guy he is probably bancrupt too on a personal level so even if you get a warrant you won't see any money from him, I'd consider that money a loss.

Well, there is one huge difference:

He doesn't OWE me money, he STOLE it. So we're not trying to get money back from bankruptcy (which often leads to: You don't get anything at all), but we're sueing him because of defraudation, and that takes things to a totally different level.

This could even put him into jail for up to three years - and if he has ANYTHING (car, house, etc.) and files for bankruptcy, I get these 5000 EUR back before anyone whom he owes money...

Additionally, the company has a second director registered, so we've actually got two people we can grab for the money.

Thanks for the update. I've recently received my Pandora and I'm mightily pleased with it. - Hold in there people. It's worth the wait :)

Regarding the idea of a kick-starter. I think it's perfect but *obviously* the team would need to have a working prototype in their hands before they launch the funding... so Id expect they'll do that in 12 months or more?

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't I mention that?

Except for the ones that arrived within the last 2 weeks, I'm almost finished with old repairs (only about 4 or 5 left)

I sent in my Pandora around 6 months ago for repairs. Does Craig have it then?

Edit: Sorry, I misread your post. I suppose that my Pandora is one of the 4 or 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update. I've recently received my Pandora and I'm mightily pleased with it.

Regarding the idea of a kick-starter. I think it's perfect but *obviously* the team would need to have a working prototype in their hands before they launch the funding... so Id expect they'll do that in 12 months or more?

We're going to try a (small) kickstarter on product3 first to get the hang of it all.

Back