Nubs and a Schedule (2010-11-04)

On the Nub front. Do we have any news on how our little babies are getting on at the board factory?

Are they soldered already? Tested? Passed?

Throw the news hungry masses a bone. :p

+1, may88

[shift along a bit]No problem[/shift]

May I enquire what date you ordered? I ordered end of March 2009. I've never enquired about my order number so this would be a good guide as to my position. ;)

edit: no need to be too precise.
day one preorderer

Wow! I'll just pop off the perch and run along to the back of the queue.

There are more day-oners than I thought.

Well, about half of all Batch 1 Preorderers I have are Day-Oners :)

On the Nub front. Do we have any news on how our little babies are getting on at the board factory?

Are they soldered already? Tested? Passed?

Throw the news hungry masses a bone. :p

You can be sure: As soon as I get to know something, I will post.

Well, takes probably one day for soldering and one - two days for extensive testing (these are the first new ones, after all), so they might know something tomorrow, if not, hopefully next week Monday!

Well, about half of all Batch 1 Preorderers I have are Day-Oners :)

You can be sure: As soon as I get to know something, I will post.

Well, takes probably one day for soldering and one - two days for extensive testing (these are the first new ones, after all), so they might know something tomorrow, if not, hopefully next week Monday!
Thanks ED, hopefully we'll hear something tomorrow. You just keep on distracting me with your videos.

Ok dilemia time.. for me anyway.. I want to take at least some form of retro gaming device on my USA trip in 4 weeks time Dec18.. I was hoping I'd get my Pandora by then back in Oct it's cutting it VERY close that I may not.. I am approx 1100 - 1200 was told back in Feb.

Now I'm not going to throw a tanty that I may not receive it before I go and sure as hell not going to cancel my order cause I still want it baaaaad, I ordered in the first wave.

So my backup for this dilema was to order the icontrolpad and take that, but that has a similar issue, Ordering starts on Nov20.. and production starts after that? Or are they already being made, and Nov20 will be acutal units for sale? I unfortunatley put my hand up too late for a beta test unit, I work for a mobile carrier.

Failing that should I get a *cough* Caanoo and use that until I get back? Bit pricey for 3 weeks of use.. Where is the cheapest place to get it from? Hmmmmmm

or maybe a Wiz?

Ok it's pretty clear the iCP won't be available till after Christmas after the recent updates.. Now I'm nervous about the Pandora, I got 3 weeks till my holiday, I am less confident I will receive it in time.. However the news of the Nubs being mass produced have brought back the hope.. :mellow:

My backup is my iPhone + iPad, I will purchase a case with bluetooth keyboard and camera connection kit & bluetooth mouse.. I really don't know should I spend all this money or wait for the Pandora for my holiday :blink:

Ok it's pretty clear the iCP won't be available till after Christmas after the recent updates.. Now I'm nervous about the Pandora, I got 3 weeks till my holiday, I am less confident I will receive it in time.. However the news of the Nubs being mass produced have brought back the hope.. :mellow:

My backup is my iPhone + iPad, I will purchase a case with bluetooth keyboard and camera connection kit & bluetooth mouse.. I really don't know should I spend all this money or wait for the Pandora for my holiday :blink:

If you haven't ordered a Pandora yet, don't expect it by Christmas. If you have, I still would be hesitant about thinking it will arriving before Christmas.. Sure you could get an iPhone and Ipad, but you will always will think about that Pandora that got away :p

If you haven't ordered a Pandora yet, don't expect it by Christmas. If you have, I still would be hesitant about thinking it will arriving before Christmas.. Sure you could get an iPhone and Ipad, but you will always will think about that Pandora that got away :p

I ordered within the first week, pos 1100 - 1200.

I ordered within the first week, pos 1100 - 1200.

Well, nubs should arrive this week, so I really await at least 1000 completely finished boards soon from the board company and the next 1000 shortly before christmas.

Well, nubs should arrive this week, so I really await at least 1000 completely finished boards soon from the board company and the next 1000 shortly before christmas.
how many of the 1000 completed pandoras are you anticipating for your specific shop ED? (approximate guess)

minding RMAs and ones that don't pass quality control of course.

I think my order number is near the border of those 1000 depending on how many you get

i'm sitting about 230 away right now... guess i'm waiting on the 2000-3000 batch... thanks!

Might still happen this year.

If we get 2000 boards before christmas - we're not going to have a christmas break, we'll be assembling them.

We can't ship them before christmas is over, but the more we get, the more we try to build.

If we get 2000 boards before christmas - we're not going to have a christmas break, we'll be assembling them.
Don't you think all of you need a some rest? This is a christmas, man! Spend it with your families, celebrate well and after all of your team will feeling good and work well, without mistakes - assembling Pandoras need much concentration, I think :huh:

Don't you think all of you need a some rest? This is a christmas, man! Spend it with your families, celebrate well and after all of your team will feeling good and work well, without mistakes - assembling Pandoras need much concentration, I think :huh:

We can rest afterwards :)

Building and shipping Pandoras sure eases our mind a LOT :)

Back