Andlinux Poc2 Soon...

LordDavon

I wanted to let everyone know that I am not jumping right to Beta and will release an interum version named POC2. The reason is that there are too many internal changes that we need to test before going beta. Here is a list of completed changes so far:

Sound added **
New internal communication (Up to 10x faster)
Faster networking **
Updated applications
Xming and sound daemon start and stop with andLinux **
Can now be installed anywhere *
Better integration with Windows
Bug fixes

Key:
* Number 1 requested
** In top 5 requests

This version may not include the GP2X drive module, but POC1's drive will attach.

David
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/AndLinux

Good to hear. I tried installing POC1 but it wouldn't go past the server loading stage. Could be because even though I installed it to c:/ my system drive is d:/. So I'm looking forward to see if the new installer will fix my problem.

It can install to a different drive than C now?
If so i'll be giving it a test, my system disk is E: so I couldnt before.

I couldn't use devkitgp2x either, it just won't compile anything if it uses sdl, no idea why, it works ok on my work pc and my laptop so I guess its another 'not c: drive' thing.

I was almost at the point of reformatting and reinstalling my system to use C: just so I can compile so andlinux could save me a load of grief.

Good news indeed, thanks LordDavon :)

The new build is much cleaner "behind the scenes". Many things that needed to be figured out in Linux are now either moved into the andLinux backend (CoLinux) or set by Windows before Linux starts.

David

When will you be releasing it?

There is one show-stopper bug that I need to fix. The drives are taking a few minutes to mount on the initial start (after a Windows reboot). I think I have a work-around that I need to code and test.. so hopefully Saturday. But the official date is "when the bug is fixed".

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Back