Android, Chrome OS & Ubuntu for Beagleboard - Current Bounty $425

Has Stuckie come up with anything new ?

Edit: Maybe someone should get someone from here to do it

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, that's a double someone! Maybe one of those 'someones' could be replaced with 'I' :)

Just saw this today. time to dust off the old beagleboard. I'll start baking up some Beaglebread tonight. I have a bit of experience with android porting, and while I don't have any roms publicly released, I have made a few for my company. compiling one right now as a matter of fact. I wish I had seen this sooner I could have started working over the weekend. I'll keep everybody posted on my progress. Unfortunately I don't have my pandora yet. any willing guinea pigs out there?

lol well I am liable to need a day or so to get something worth trying :p . I have a beagle board to fiddle with until I get something that might work for anyone. any guinea pig taker's want to PM me so that I can send them a build once I get to that point?

Okay. so to clarify my first priority is android? the other two seem like fun as well. I haven't really messed with chromeOS yet so that should be fun. Oh and I am also a Meego fan so I will undoubtedly be making a Meego port for this little guy as well. oh and maybe a jolicloud later on. I like porting OSes.

....man I'm a geek....

Okay. so to clarify my first priority is android? the other two seem like fun as well. I haven't really messed with chromeOS yet so that should be fun. Oh and I am also a Meego fan so I will undoubtedly be making a Meego port for this little guy as well. oh and maybe a jolicloud later on. I like porting OSes.

....man I'm a geek....
I think Android is first - but Meego looks sweet too!

Hokay so I'm going with some CM7 (Cyanogen Mod 7) joojoo for this project. might as well start with greased lighting and make it play in our sandbox. obviously I need to customize my own kernel. can I by any chance get a kernel .config from somebody so that I have a cheat sheet to see what drivers I am going to be missing and need? It should be interesting to get all of our hardware working properly. unfortunately there are a lot of custom hooks that are android specific so I can't just use our current kernel. if not I'll have to go chase down our kernel source from somewhere. do we have a github or something for our OS? also do we have a driver blob or something for our GPU? I know it's closed source but I thought we had something. offloading to that will help take a lot of pressure off of our CPU.

Mostly a location for our OS source code would be great. That is unless somebody readily has all that stuff handy. =D

Thanks all!

-Quack

sweet!!!! possible android and meego on the pandora.

i think ubuntu would also be fun on it,

and i would like to raise the bounty with $25

Sorry for the late update of the first post, have been away from the netz.

@Duckman, good luck with your endeavours.

Thanks all! lol I totally forgot we had a dev section. my bookmark on my phone goes straight to general talk.

Back