Android gingerbread in a pnd?

I tested with a U1 card. That should be faster than a class 10 card. So that might not be the problem with the speed.

mine is the one Craig sent me with my pandora, the Reekin 8gb SDHC.

It doesnt say what class it is and its not the best sd card out there (sometimes it needs panasonic sd tool to format it back to life), but its working fine at the moment,

Hi Guys

Could someone post a game for ANDROID?Cause i have no internet for my Pandora at the moment and so i must put any games,via SD card.....

greetings Walter

you can find APK files online, just put them on the same sd card your android PND file is and then you can use a file manager called ES File Explorer to install them.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I don't like about touchscreen OS...

I love Peggle, I play it with my girlfriend on the XBox360 and am currently playing through the challenges.

Now I tried the Android version - which only has touchscreen controls.

It's nigh impossible to accurately move your cannon... it's a real shame. The game is good, but controls are awful... I got a nice DPad in front of me and can't use it!

About slow loading speeds:

How slow is your SD Card?
Is there a default Pandora controlls option available that maps automaticly the physical Pandora Buttons (Gaming controlls, Keyboard) to all the apps or is this not possible at all with Android? Or only app based per hand and not overall as general default controlls (like we know from Angström, Mini Menu...)

im sure there must be a file in the android OS that can be edited to map the game buttons to whatever you want.

Hi

downloaded Angry Birds APK file,put it on my SD card,but what must i do now,when loading Gingerbread....?

I have no internet at the moment

Hi

I also downloaded the ES FILE EXPLORER and put it on my SD card.When starting Gingerbread,how can i find it with ANDROID?Internet does not work at the moment on my Pandora.

greetings Walter

Could the software used for the iCP be used to map the buttons?
As long we didn't have working bt, you can't use bluezIME. It's only for mapping bluetooth input devices.

You can change input layout and mapping with some files. Stored under /system/usr are folders keychars and keylayout.

I've only tested on a Android TV box to change the y with z. That can be done by editing under keylayout the qwerty.kl in a texteditor.

On other devices the files under keychars where used to map new layouts.

Hi

I also downloaded the ES FILE EXPLORER and put it on my SD card.When starting Gingerbread,how can i find it with ANDROID?Internet does not work at the moment on my Pandora.

greetings Walter

I'm not very familiar with Android, but it seems that without something like ES File Explorer, the only way you can run something is if you downloaded it with Android. Perhaps you can trick the OS into thinking it was used to download something by putting the apk in the "download" folder of the right SD card and editing some text files in the appdata folder? I don't know what text file(s) need(s) to be edited, but I tend to think it must be possible.

Android has a bunch of background jobs .. SD scanner to look for images, music, videos, applications, that sort of thing; I forget now, but I think it does a couple big scans, and then maybe less frequent scans later.. but the first few tims is psosibl annoying and slowing everything down? Maybe it can be disabled .. and maybe some random services we don't need can be killed..

jeff

Could the software used for the iCP be used to map the buttons?

That wouldn't be needed.

The software for the iCP uses Bluetooth controllers to simulate keypresses or a gamepad. We have keys on the Pandora, so we don't need to simulate that.

However, if a game doesn't support keys as controls (only touchscreen), that won't work. And that's the case with Peggle.

Back