Android gingerbread in a pnd?

Ok its worked just need to figure out how to install files ED any advice for an android noob do i need wifi or if i have the files on my computer can i transfer over and install.

I had a few hiccups so here is a step-by-step for those who need it.

• Ensure you are running SZbeta5a.
  • Overclock, enable wifi, then run the Android PND.
  • Once you're in Android, you need to go into settings and select your wifi network.
  • At the Android home screen, type 'slideme' into the search bar.
  • On the Slideme website, search for 'ES File Explorer'. Download it. (thanks scorpio16v for the tip)
  • Once downloaded & installed, you can use it to install .APKs from the second SD card.
  • Optionally, install Rotation Locker to keep all your apps in landscape mode.

The F1 2012 timing app works, so I am beyond stoked.

Great work Notaz, thank you.

• Once you're in Android, you need to go into settings and select your wifi network.
  • On the Slideme website, search for 'ES File Explorer'. Download it. (thanks scorpio16v for the tip)
  • Once downloaded & installed, you can use it to install .APKs from the second SD card.

So basically if you dont have wifi your screwed.

So basically if you dont have wifi your screwed.
also can you put files like music and vids anywhere on sd2 and android will automatically detect them?

For now. Hopefully Notaz is able to do another release with a file explorer bundled.
cheers m8 hopefully someone will try mame4droid reloaded and share the good news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kindle Reader works like a charm. Which is the only app that I couldn't find a good solution for on the Pandora..

Outside of restarting Android, is there a way of manually rotating the display if an app decides to turn the screen on you?

Is it safe to do a hard reset (Pandora button + power switch) while Android is running?

If not, it would be nice to have a button or something that safely kills Android.

Kindle Reader works like a charm. Which is the only app that I couldn't find a good solution for on the Pandora..

Outside of restarting Android, is there a way of manually rotating the display if an app decides to turn the screen on you?
Yep!
Optionally, install Rotation Locker to keep all your apps in landscape mode.

Kill android takes you back to desktop can gingerbread play youtube vids?

Got android running and in trying to manually enter my SSID in I realized the keymap in Android doesn't match the Pandora's. I have to use fn+d to make a dash in the middle for example, as my SSID is hidden due to my neighbors constantly hacking my WPA key. Any way of fixing the keymap so I don't have to open my network to them?

The easiest solution is to use the on screen keyboard for anything which doesn't work on the actual keyboard, just tap on the text entry field and it should show up.

- Neelix

Back