Android gingerbread in a pnd?

Was the first I downloaded, doesn't work for me. Is there a logfile I can check?

Do you use the latest Zaxxon?

Yes, the latest beta 5a. My Pandora is a 500 MB version. Did you forget to enable install from unknown sources ? Or did the App start with an error ?

And I run version 2 of Notaz PND

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the latest beta 5a. My Pandora is a 500 MB version. Did you forget to enable install from unknown resources ? Or did the App start with an error ?

I have the 256 version. None of the filemanagers are working for me, and they don't seem to use up a lot of memory.

I can install the APK and it says it was succesful installed. Then I click on the icon and it crashes right away. No message nothing. If someone tells me if there is a log file I can check, that might help.

Well, I'm very impressed.

I got Angry Birds Space and Fruit Ninja working without any hassle. At 800 MHz they seem to be near full speed (not quite). I have never used Android or played these games before, though, so my impression of what kind of speed these games are going at could be off.

got a chance to check this out, very nice indeed... better than what I was able to acomplish with my porting progress with rowboat... but agian I can't even compare my skills to notaz. A little performance tip is to go into spare parts and disable animations, will noticeably increase the performance of the main UI

Also see nub mouse works pretty good, and "back" is mapped to right click which is right nub right, and menu is right nub left or up can't tell which. I tried to figure out how to fix the mouse button mapping on my transformer and couldn't figure it out, but it's not *that* big of a deal.

Not all function keys work, but some do, so I imagine it can more than likely be fixed if you modify /system/etc/keylayout/(whatever it's named).kl

here's some open source solutions that you were looking for (it's what's in cyanogenmod)

file manager

OI file manager

Apache V2

http://code.google.com/p/openintents/

terminal emulator

android term

Apache V2

http://code.google.com/p/androidterm/

if I could suggest you also include busybox as lots of tools is missing from stock android for example "cp"... can't even copy stuff from command line.. i know... dumb..

anyway here's a google code for busybox

Apache V2

http://code.google.c...usybox-android/

Also see nub mouse works pretty good, and "back" is mapped to right click which is right nub right, and menu is right nub left or up can't tell which. I tried to figure out how to fix the mouse button mapping on my transformer and couldn't figure it out, but it's not *that* big of a deal.

Back is also Esc, and Menu is also the A button.

Nice! Installed SlideME --> Installed GO Launcher EX --> UI runs much smoother now! :)

Ok tried this stuck sd card in slot 2 formatted copied android pnd to desktop folder ran from desktop entered password made partition 300mb then pandora seams to be creating partition for a minute then resets to black screen with flashing cursor then alot of text then reboots what am i doing wrong? have 256mb pandora on sz5a kernel 3.2

Someone needs too do a video of the install and getting it running

a video of running a pnd?
Just cant get it up and running always resets back too desktop

I managed to get an old version of Android Market started By following the instructions here. I have yet to be able to download any apps with it, though, as it keeps claiming lack of space. (even though there is plenty available both on the internal memory and the SD card. Also most apps seem to be listed as incompatible so it won't let you even attempt installation.

The instructions on that page include a link that lets you download the AndExplorer file manager, which works just fine.

Cazmeister: Try running the Android PND from an SD card in the left slot and use an otherwise blank card (if any) in the right slot. I managed to completely wipe my card when launching from the right slot (including the Android Pnd and appdata itself) when android reformatted it without asking. (though curiously enough android itself kept working until I killed it)

- Neelix

I managed to get an old version of Android Market started By following the instructions here. I have yet to be able to download any apps with it, though, as it keeps claiming lack of space. (even though there is plenty available both on the internal memory and the SD card. Also most apps seem to be listed as incompatible so it won't let you even attempt installation.

The instructions on that page include a link that lets you download the AndExplorer file manager, which works just fine.

Cazmeister: Try running the Android PND from an SD card in the left slot and use an otherwise blank card (if any) in the right slot. I managed to completely wipe my card when launching from the right slot (including the Android Pnd and appdata itself) when android reformatted it without asking. (though curiously enough android itself kept working until I killed it)

- Neelix
cheers but now download link for r2 is busted oh well

Just cant get it up and running always resets back too desktop
You are using the updated _r2.pnd, are you?

The blinking cursor may stay there for a few minutes, how long did you wait?
Its the link on the first page is the file i used second link doesnt work anymore also the flashing cursor appeared for seconds then a whole lot of text on a black screen then reset to gui selection screen

Back