Android gingerbread in a pnd?

Yep, same for me.

With Android and wrong date it reconnects all the time, after I set it correctly, it doesn't do that anymore.

Wifi light still goes on and off sometimes, but it doesn't cut the connection.

Interestingly, I got about 500 kB/s in Linux and about 800 kB/s in Android.

Now I've followed the instruction properly, I have google apps and the Play store up and running on my Pandora. I am finding that some apps simply refuse to install on my system from there, even though they've already been mentioned by others in this thread as working. the main example of this is Jet Car Stunts, I tried to install the demo from the store, and I get an error, unable to install on storage. Angry Birds installs, but won't run. The Play store did recognise some of the apps I'd installed from apk's, and allowed me to update some of them. I keep getting force wait messages during the update procedure, but if I ignored them, it eventually completed the updates...

I don't think that my wifi issues have anything to do with android, because i have issues in Angström aswell. And as far as I understood, the underlying Angström drivers still have to be loaded, so an error in a driver there would also affect android.

@trashymg: I read somewhere that data corruption was experienced with the second sd cards in android, so i keep it outside of it's slot :)

Stouffa: unmount the second sdcard and remove it. Then it will install.

Settings->storage->unmount sdcard

Last edited by a moderator:
Stouffa: unmount the second sdcard and remove it. Then it will install.

when running Android, I only use the one SD card, I remove the other just in case of data corruption (proably being over cautious, but I'm not sure). I've run Android always with my card in slot 2, should I change this to the first card slot?(or does that make any difference?)

sure the initial system image currently has a 2gig limit, but most apps can be installed on an SD card in the second slot.. I have a 16gig SD card just for Android apps.

How do you get stuff to install to SD? I've tried the normal Android way via Settings/Applications/Manage Apps and it does not work for me. A clear guide how you managed to do this would be appreciated.

I think for most stuff you need an ext partition on your sd to install apps to.

I just reinstalled everything and after installing the cyanogenmod-provided google apps, I'm stuck at the setup wizard. Is there a way to cancel it? I remember it going away after a while when I first did that....

I had that problem, too. I hardresetted the Pandora and at the second try, it worked flawlessly.

I somehow got it to work without resetting now. Hitting every button and smashing the screen seemed to do nothing. I think the Pandora just might be busy at that moment....

What about a Wiki-page?

the more posts the higher the information-drain

great work!

EDIT: oh! maybe the android section is already enough

gently caressing i meant. I don't want those cracks to get any larger ;) And a wiki would be great, but it's pretty worthless if nobody continues to work on this project...

gently caressing i meant. I don't want those cracks to get any larger ;) And a wiki would be great, but it's pretty worthless if nobody continues to work on this project...

That's simply untrue. Not having a maintainer at the moment doesn't mean things can't progress. Also, a wiki is especially important for fixes and tricks that can be applied by the user.

Forums are for discussing problems and solutions, wikis are to document them :)

How do you get stuff to install to SD? I've tried the normal Android way via Settings/Applications/Manage Apps and it does not work for me. A clear guide how you managed to do this would be appreciated.
Once you've installed an app, bring up the Settings app, choose "Applications" and then "Manage Applications". Select the application and "move to SD card". Not everything can be moved, but most should be able to. This is regardless of whether your SD card is formatted EXT or FAT32.

Hmm, there's another setting I remember seeing that you can try. Open the "Settings" again, choose "CyanogenMod Settings", "Application", and then set "Install Location" to "External". Haven't tried it, but it seems to say that it'll install stuff to the mounted SD card.

I just reinstalled everything and after installing the cyanogenmod-provided google apps, I'm stuck at the setup wizard. Is there a way to cancel it? I remember it going away after a while when I first did that....
Close Android, back in Angstrom open a file browser to "/media/<SDCARD>/pandora/appdata/android-gingerbread" and delete the Meta-inf directory.

Yep, same for me.

With Android and wrong date it reconnects all the time, after I set it correctly, it doesn't do that anymore.

Wifi light still goes on and off sometimes, but it doesn't cut the connection.

Interestingly, I got about 500 kB/s in Linux and about 800 kB/s in Android.
Tested your hint, but date and time are set correct on both OS. Data and time are set manualy to Central European Summertime. OS language is german.

Network name is hidden, WPA2 and MAC filter. Pandora is a 512 MB Reb. Edition.

As I mention before, no problems on Angström.

Data rates are < 100 kb/s. If the LED is off, the network is definitly disconnected.

Will download the PND again and completely set up Android.

edit:

Looks like something was wrong with the old install.

After new setup, no reconnects and better download rates.

2.nd edit:

the problem comes back from time to time. :(

3.rd edit:

same as before. trying to download mass effect infiltrator with 50 kb/s and 2-3 reconnects per minute.

Not funny.

On my Pandora, every time I try to get into the cyanogen settings, it force closes the process. This is on a 256mb Pandora, are others seeing the same issue?

(null)

On my Pandora, every time I try to get into the cyanogen settings, it force closes the process. This is on a 256mb Pandora, are others seeing the same issue?

(null)

I had this problem too, are you using Gingerbread release 5 PND? I was still using 4 and had that issue.

Looks like something was wrong with the old install.

After new setup, no reconnects and better download rates.

2.nd edit:

the problem comes back from time to time. :(

3.rd edit:

same as before. trying to download mass effect infiltrator with 50 kb/s and 2-3 reconnects per minute.

Not funny.

Are you manually loading the new wifi drivers in Angstrom each time you boot, or have you copied them over the originals in the kernel driver folder? If you are loading them manually, then you're probably seeing the issue come back in Android after android unloads the new drivers and reloads the old ones.

If you want to ensure that both Angsrtom and Android are always loading the new wifi drivers, put them here: /lib/modules/3.2.17/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/wl1251/ (of course I recommend backing up the originals first)

- Neelix

(null)

I had this problem too, are you using Gingerbread release 5 PND? I was still using 4 and had that issue.

I'm using R5, can't quite remember if I deleted the appdata before updating though from R4....

Back