Another Delay... Anyway We Can Get Some Shipped Out To Odevelopers Tho

Let us be clear .. people seem to think dozens of panda's are shipping to devs right now. In fact, theres onyl what, 5 machines? And they're going to craig, mw, ED, that sort. ie: The guys who really need to have one. I know none of us devs whose actively working on the machine is getting one, and certianly not random-devs around yet :)

jeff

Gruso said:
Oh yes, slept like a baby last night. A filthy, drunken baby. Hangovers on hot days for the lose.
You get hangovers? Man, my respect for Australians just dropped significantly, and it's all your fault. :p

What about me? If I got one early, I could finish porting the jzintv Intelivision emulator. That's a killer app right there, eh? EH? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah there is only 5 built so far by MWeston. The assumption may lie on the 105(3) (including any that may already be in use) boards and that there maybe 105 boards out.

There is still a couple of questions that I see someone asking:

*Final CE test (will they use what's already built or on that's fresh of the assembly after the minor fixes are done)

*once the existing 105(3) boards are assembled, will that be when the assembly of the EU Pandora's begin?

Game_over said:

*Final CE test (will they use what's already built or on that's fresh of the assembly after the minor fixes are done)
This one has been answered. :) Quote below.

EvilDragon said:
MDave said:
Can the final CE test be done with these sample cases now? Just to help get another thing done and out the way while we wait for the other processes?

It can and will be used for that.

Someone (I think it was Craigix) said somewhere, something to the effect of "we're only tweaking the shoulder buttons because we have these other things that need to be tweaked" but I can't find that quote anymore. Reading that quote made me happy as it meant that there was, in fact, a cut off where they are willing to say "that's good enough" even if it wasn't "perfect".

WizardStan said:
Someone (I think it was Craigix) said somewhere, something to the effect of "we're only tweaking the shoulder buttons because we have these other things that need to be tweaked" but I can't find that quote anymore. Reading that quote made me happy as it meant that there was, in fact, a cut off where they are willing to say "that's good enough" even if it wasn't "perfect".
That was ED on the official blog:
* The shoulder buttons need a tweak to be perfect (travel distance feels as if it needs to be a fraction more for better feedback). This isn't that important - but when we need to change other stuff too, then we can do that small tweak, too.

calc84maniac said:
WizardStan said:
That was ED on the official blog:
* The shoulder buttons need a tweak to be perfect (travel distance feels as if it needs to be a fraction more for better feedback). This isn't that important - but when we need to change other stuff too, then we can do that small tweak, too.
WOO! Thanks! I've been searching the forums every possible way I could think of to find it. I was starting to think I'd imagined it. Useful information on the official blog, who would have guessed? ;)

Ari64 said:
borgqueenx said:
still with a pandora, your work would go faster right? plus it would be a very good reward, for what you have done so far :)
There are some things that I can't test until I get a Pandora. So yes, it would help if I had one. What I'm saying is don't expect stuff to magically happen the day my Pandora arrives.

WHICH IS WHY YOU NEED IT NOW!!!

What about torpor? Isn't he working on some kickass music apps? I think there is definitely a shortage of work being done in that department, so if there is a list of devs, I vote he should get a Pandora.

MDave said:
I'd be able to port ZEQ2Lite and Kurok to the Pandora sooner if I got mine now, but I don't think they are high priority software people want? :p
I've seen you on the boards before, haven't noticed your sig. YOUR THAT MDave.... well your modified quake engine has conjured up a slew of mods (Halo, L4Q..) I'm sure you knew that.
Would be nice to play Kurok and other mods along with it. I have to ask: is the modified engine a variation of quake 3, 2, or 1 engine?

Other note:
I vote for MDave to receive a Pandora

Prometheus said:
Game_over said:

This one has been answered. :) Quote below.

EvilDragon said:
MDave said:
Can the final CE test be done with these sample cases now? Just to help get another thing done and out the way while we wait for the other processes?

It can and will be used for that.

Sweet. Then we are down to the home stretch. If I was a betting man (and I am :) ) I would say they would be shipping out Pandora #1487 by Jan 20, 2010. (I Just got back from bar hopping, but you'd be surprise how often I'm right when intoxicated. (thank you spell-check!)

aesir911 said:
Ari64 said:
borgqueenx said:
still with a pandora, your work would go faster right? plus it would be a very good reward, for what you have done so far :)
There are some things that I can't test until I get a Pandora. So yes, it would help if I had one. What I'm saying is don't expect stuff to magically happen the day my Pandora arrives.

LOL, okay well if you have one to send, let me know. Seriously, I will be away for the holidays and probably won't do a lot of work on mupen64plus.

Oh and don't get too excited over Super Smash Bros. I did get it to work, but some parts, such as the "vs Yoshi team", run slow and use 100% of the CPU time.

Ari64 said:
aesir911 said:
Ari64 said:
borgqueenx said:

LOL, okay well if you have one to send, let me know. Seriously, I will be away for the holidays and probably won't do a lot of work on mupen64plus.

Oh and don't get too excited over Super Smash Bros. I did get it to work, but some parts, such as the "vs Yoshi team", run slow and use 100% of the CPU time.
well you can always say yes/no to the one offering you the pandora. The developers who need a pandora to test things before february begins, have priority.
But if mupen64 will run at decent speed at release date, im sure im gonna use that emulator alot, more then the other emulators. Especially perfect dark (L)

borgqueenx said:
well you can always say yes/no to the one offering you the pandora. The developers who need a pandora to test things before february begins, have priority.
But if mupen64 will run at decent speed at release date, im sure im gonna use that emulator alot, more then the other emulators. Especially perfect dark (L)
Perfect Dark will most likely not run at full speed.

NLS said:
borgqueenx said:
if it runs im already happy. on the psp it didnt even start :D

I've explained the Super Smash Bros issues a bit more here.

NLS said:
It doesn't work at all. If you have some great ideas about how to HLE Rare's virtual memory manager, let me know :)

Tokiopop said:
I doubt it, or any other Rare games, will even run when we get our Pandora's. Time will tell.
Banjo-Kazooie works somewhat, although some of the graphical effects are rendered incorrectly.

Tokiopop said:
I doubt it, or any other Rare games, will even run when we get our Pandora's. Time will tell.

"All I want for christmas are me two n64 roms."

Actually, the only things I want to run on Ari's emu are MarioKart and Mario64 - they're the only games I actually enjoyed on that platform...

D.

WHAT!? n64 is as classic as punch out for nes, so many gems on n64 that can still easily compete with games being released today

DaMummy said:
WHAT!? n64 is as classic as punch out for nes, so many gems on n64 that can still easily compete with games being released today

N64 is not a classic unless you're younger than me. For me, the N64 was one of a long line of unimpressive consoles that had little to no appeal barring a couple of games - PSX is one of those, as is the SNES and the Megadrive. When I get my Panda, I'll be emulating R-Type Delta on the PS1, and a couple of games on the Megadrive (mostly Sonic et al, though some Warriors of the Eternal Sun goodness will be in there). My main emulation will be early-mid 80s arcade games via MAME, as much Amiga as I can stuff in there, and a complete ZX Spectrum collection.

The only classic for me was the Speccy. No graphics, pure gameplay. I only just a couple of years ago managed to complete Sabre Wulf. Now that is longevity for you - took me over 20 years to finish a game.

And the only reason that a lot of games out today can be compared to a lot of N64 games is because most games that come out today are pretty much re-packaged shit.

If you're over 35, you'll understand.

D.

Back