Another One Bites The Dust...

VRAndy said:
Beepo said:
Take care all, maybe I'll buy a Pandora 2 one day.

Don't bother flaming etc it's pointless, also the 'close the door on your way out' comments are just plain dumb. :p

I still say it's poor form to publicly announce your cancellation like this. It's like you're publicly throwing it in the face of the team.

but perhaps I'm the only one who feels that way.

+1

Last edited by a moderator:
These threads used to upset me but now they make me happy. The more people that cancel the sooner I'll get mine, well, if they were in front of me anyway. Also, the week it ships I'm sure the OP team will see a flood of orders so I'm sure the one's left over in this batch will be snatched up quickly.

Waiting till this very moment to cancel is really ridiculous.

Waiting till this very moment to cancel, and then buy an iPad, is even more ridiculous.

And waiting till this very moment to cancel, and then buy an iPad and rub in in the face of OpenPandora and the whole community by making a separate topic about it, is just being an asshole.

Lucky me, as I'm now up one spot. And please don't close the door upon exit, as there are two for everyone that cancels.

Will have a good laugh over this once the Pandora arrives next month.

Bye!

Hey, weren't you the guy I mistakingly thought had MUCH more posts than you did?

Goodbye anyway, and good luck with all the rest.

I'm sorry to hear that the Pandora doesn't fit your desires anymore, and especially sorry you've taken a liking for Steve Jobs' products. I don't see the point in announcing things like this though, it's your decision.

A ton of people must've cancelled who were ahead of me in the order queue because I've gone from what must've been 3900-4000 to 2200-2300, score.

Dead1nside said:
I don't see the point in announcing things like this though, it's your decision.
It's closure. When you've been part of a community, I can understand wanting to give your goodbye. If I ever decided I couldn't hold out anymore for whatever reason, I'd certainly want to say so, rather than just disappearing. It's not rubbing it in OPTs face (unless the person really is rubbing it in their face), it's just giving your farewell, like the last day of school or work.

WizardStan said:
Dead1nside said:
I don't see the point in announcing things like this though, it's your decision.
It's closure. When you've been part of a community, I can understand wanting to give your goodbye. If I ever decided I couldn't hold out anymore for whatever reason, I'd certainly want to say so, rather than just disappearing. It's not rubbing it in OPTs face (unless the person really is rubbing it in their face), it's just giving your farewell, like the last day of school or work.

I see your point more now. I reread his post, it's not antagonistic just sad. What I do think is sad is the recent spate of similar, albeit usually more slating posts. We are tangibly close now, hopefully on Wednesday only the limits of labour will be in the way. Seems a shame to duck out now but I guess everyone's got to reassess their financial priorities.

I'd be happy to fill his spot if I had the cash. : :lol: I'll be getting a job this summer, though. I'll probably be second batch. It's not that the price is too much, even. It's just that I am poor. What can I say, though. I'm an unemployed 16-year old in the middle of the desert!

Elevator Man: Going up or down?

Me: Up please.

leg9.gif

EDIT: Congrats to the original poster.

Attachments

• leg9.gif
    leg9.gif
    14 KB · Views: 113
Beepo said:
Hey All,

I've just cancelled my preorder. I know I didn't post much but I ordered on the first day in 2008. I'm in the first 500 preorders.

My reasoning is as follows;

1. have 2 mame cabinets, one cocktail and one upright, for retro gaming and I never use them these days.

2. I wanted the Pandora, lovely as it is, to check email, surf the web, watch movies and listen to music. I also wanted it as an ebook reader and general device.

3. I'm a software developer and 2 1/2 years ago I was into Linux, but no more. I've been into Mac for 2 years now and I'm on the Apple developer program.

I'm putting the money that I sank into Pandora into an iPad as this better fits my needs, I thought I needed the retro gaming thing but actually mobile gaming has never been important to me. It's a shame I can't have both devices as I think they're both amazing but Apple wins I'm afraid.

I'd like to thank the Devs and board moderators for all their hard work, and a special thanks to Mali, who always made me laugh.

Take care all, maybe I'll buy a Pandora 2 one day.

Don't bother flaming etc it's pointless, also the 'close the door on your way out' comments are just plain dumb. :p

Beepo

Close the door on the way out.

I must just be plain dumb :p

I am wearing a grey t-shirt today. My mouse has four buttons and a clickable wheel. I am about to have a sandwich.

Just thought I'd let everyone know what I'm doing.

Steve

Rockthesmurf said:
I am wearing a grey t-shirt today. My mouse has four buttons and a clickable wheel. I am about to have a sandwich.

Steve
picture or it didn't happen

Rockthesmurf said:

Steve
Why?
You part of the OPT?
If so then thanks, this is just the sort of updates I would like to see :D

removed ,i don't see the point of arguing ,lets all just be happy that we will all get our pandora and fingers crossed no moredelays for OPT.

Na-Noo said:
Rockthesmurf said:

Steve
Why?
You part of the OPT?

Heh - no it was just more of I find it funny to see threads 'Just letting you all know that I have cancelled my order, I am not saying it because I am angry, or because I want to get a reaction, I just thought I would let everyone know', so I thought along the same lines I would just randomly announce some of my news today, just so everyone knows. I might go and buy some food for tea now, and perhaps watch a little television later on. I should start a twitter account with exciting updates like this!!

Rockthesmurf said:
Na-Noo said:
Why?
You part of the OPT?

Heh - no it was just more of I find it funny to see threads 'Just letting you all know that I have cancelled my order, I am not saying it because I am angry, or because I want to get a reaction, I just thought I would let everyone know', so I thought along the same lines I would just randomly announce some of my news today, just so everyone knows. I might go and buy some food for tea now, and perhaps watch a little television later on. I should start a twitter account with exciting updates like this!!
Maybe you should, sounds like the info most people put on their facebook and twitter :lol:

Rockthesmurf said:
Na-Noo said:
Rockthesmurf said:

Steve
Why?
You part of the OPT?

The op's bit of personal news was about a pandora, yours is about an idiot, learn the difference.

Back