Another Purple screen...

I was hoping to try to show notch a working unit while at Minecon next month to see what he thought about the project, but I'm sure he'll be too busy partying it up to sit and look at it while he's there. =)
Good Idea. I'm sure Notch will have a Minute for you if you show him the Pandora and the progress it made software wise since last year. :) Maybe he forgot that he owns a Pandora, much happend for him and his Company. If you have the chance you could ask him how are the chances for a Pandora port of Minecraft. ;)

I was just about to create my own topic, but noticed this one instead. I got my Pandora around Feburary, after a few months owning it I got the PTOD and got it RMA'd in the UK, got a new unit back, and now a few months later I've got the PTOD AGAIN, only now I'm not so sure if I should contact openpandorasales@gmail.com or if I should RMA it to Evildragon? If possible I'd like to send it back to the UK because I'd feel bad for ED footing all these postage bills, but I don't think I could afford it myself!

Also, do newly repaired units now come with the reinforced LCD cable so this hopefully never happens again? I love my Pandora, but I'll be upset if I have to keep returning it every few months to get it fixed :(

I was just about to create my own topic, but noticed this one instead. I got my Pandora around Feburary, after a few months owning it I got the PTOD and got it RMA'd in the UK, got a new unit back, and now a few months later I've got the PTOD AGAIN, only now I'm not so sure if I should contact openpandorasales@gmail.com or if I should RMA it to Evildragon? If possible I'd like to send it back to the UK because I'd feel bad for ED footing all these postage bills, but I don't think I could afford it myself!

Also, do newly repaired units now come with the reinforced LCD cable so this hopefully never happens again? I love my Pandora, but I'll be upset if I have to keep returning it every few months to get it fixed :(

Well it sounds like since you may have got your original LCD cable replaced before they got the newer sturdier LCD cables from the time-line you described. So hopefully this may be the last time you need to do this....

Well my Pandora is in the RMA process as well for the PSOD as well.. So I know your pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks for the reply, ED! I plan on shipping my Pandy tomorrow to the address on the first post of this thread via Fed Ex and it should arrive by this Friday! =)

I did have a question, though. What should I declare the customs value as? Would $50 work?

Many thanks for the reply, ED! I plan on shipping my Pandy tomorrow to the address on the first post of this thread via Fed Ex and it should arrive by this Friday! =)

I did have a question, though. What should I declare the customs value as? Would $50 work?

Yes, that should be fine.

Hi Michael, I sent a pm to you but then I thought you might get too many to answer them so I might as well try it here. I did send my pandora to you and I just wanted to ask if it got to you safely. I'd be happy to pay for all your expenses including shipping by a donation if you'd like. I know you've got lots to do and that it will take some time to get it returned and I don't mind waiting a few weeks if that what it takes.

Are you still fixing the bad LCD cables? I just got my OpenPandora set up again and the screen is definitely going purple when held at certain angles. :( Originally received my device in March or April of 2011, iirc

I think all defective screens can be fixed, even if the warranty has expired

Welcome to the boards btw :)

Back