Purple Screen... Oh God

shideneyu

Still Fresh
Hello all

I wanted that a such situation would never happen. Today, when opening my Open Pandora, I discovered that the entired screen turned in purple. To be more precise, the white color vanished to become purple.

I think this is the same issue that purple haze. RMA could be the solution (with a possible upgrade), however I bought it from a member in this forum. I have it from two weeks now, using it everyday. It became my only computer, for I became a student and I left Paris to study in a little village in the middle of nowhere in France.

I´m writting with my pandora. Fortunately, when the screen is completely open, it works perfectly.. I don´t know what to do the Pandora became for me compulsory for my daily life. I´m working with it, listening music with it, watching anime with it everyday. I play with it less often. I was going to develop little programms for my new school with the languages I´m learning. I don´t know what to do I´m exhausted

I don´t want to contact the seller, he was so nice with me, I don´t want that he worries

Maybe my Pandora won't work tomorrow. I'm living with fear from now

On top of that i have a random 54ko connection where I´m xd

Please help me, do you know if there´s a simple way to fix it? like let her breath few day before opening her again??

Do you think rma would work? I prefer take back my old big computer as soon as I come back even if i don`t like it if my Pandora will be safe xd

I´ll do some photos saturday when I´ll come back unfortunately I can´t simply plug my camera on my pandy´ xd

I precise that the entire screen becomes purple, it seems stable and there´s no lines

Thanks for having the time to read :s

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it takes a while. I got my first pandora repaired when the lcd failed.If its any compensation my second pandora is perfect in all ways.

When did the previous owner get this pandora? I'm interested to know if this is one of the old cables failing or the new one. Also you could order a cable and replace it yourself if you are up to the task.

The last owner got it last may and didn't you it much, I received it in perfect condition :mellow:

Hmm, is that a new LCD cable failing then, or were old ones used to make new pandora's for a while?

I have this exact same issue. I purchased mine from a person on this forum several months back. The screen's whites are purple unless the screen is fully opened.

I don't believe this is a problem with LCD itself. It is an issue with the screen's connection. Is this a recurring issue with older Pandoras? Is there such a thing as an 'older' Pandora?

----

Oh, I did a search for 'purple screen' and I see this is a recurring issue, and a new cable is needed. I see that one can purchase an LCD cable at http://www.icontrolpad.com/pandoraprivate.html This is something that is fixable by the owner?

Or is it advisable that I do this:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/3225-whats-the-address-can-i-send-my-pandora-for-fixing/page__p__55518#entry55518

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if all pandoras made before may (or was it april?) 2011 will catch this problem sooner or later. All pandoras after that uses a improved LCD cable that's a lot more durable. This cable is also used for repairs, and if you feel you got the patience to change it yourself, ED usually sends a LCD cable on request, and he has a video tutorial on youtube. Otherwise, RMA.

I see. Thank you. I realize I should've looked more carefully at: http://boards.openpa...cks-and-tweaks

No I take that back, that page doesn't have info that I could find about the LCD cable.

I found the youtube video by searching for: ED lcd cable pandora

So i hate to hijack this thread but...

I too have the PTOD and am in need of a new cable/RMA. My pandora should still be under warrenty (i got my pandora April/May '11) but i don't want to have to send it in. I feel very capable of switching the cables myself (I've taken apart and put back together many-a-thing in my past). Not to ask right around christmas or anything, but ED do you think you could drop me a cable in the mail or something sometime before the new year? My order number is 419404293447810‏.

So i hate to hijack this thread but...

I too have the PTOD and am in need of a new cable/RMA. My pandora should still be under warrenty (i got my pandora April/May '11) but i don't want to have to send it in. I feel very capable of switching the cables myself (I've taken apart and put back together many-a-thing in my past). Not to ask right around christmas or anything, but ED do you think you could drop me a cable in the mail or something sometime before the new year? My order number is 419404293447810‏.
I would email:

shop@gp2x.de

It might be a little bit until you get a reply. In fact I had a broken battery cover and never got a reply, but I did get a replacement battery cover in the mail. So include all your detalls like order number, date purchased, and address to where a replacement cable could ship. Doing the repair yourself could void your warranty, so be careful.

Thanks for the advice link, and in light of the recent addition of a ram upgrade i might see if i can work something out there.

Back